DeCSS lawsuit decision

Supreme Cmdr

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

Well

Anyone remember the days when you could buy a vinyl album and make a cassette tape to play in your car, steroe etc without fear of the death penalty?

Those were the days. But we got that nice "intellectual property" thingy which means that you are no longer allowed to listen to/watch a record where you want. Property yes, intellectual no way. Especially if talking about the music industry.

The fun part is that the license agreement is on the dvd itself. You only get to see it if you buy that damned thing. Very funny guys...

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

Well

Anyone remember the days when you could buy a vinyl album and make a cassette tape to play in your car, steroe etc without fear of the death penalty?

If I remember right you are allowed make one "backup" copy of music you buy, not sure about software(I assume that rule don't count) in anyway I would always buy a cd and then make a copy onto a mini disk, as I have a mini disk player in my car which is infinately more reliable than CD's(they skip to much on Irish roads). I have paid the money for the song/album and I think I should have the option to listen to said album anywhere I would like to (including my car!!!)