Super Bowl Madness

J.Smith

Oooo, big sweaty guys in plastic armor running around and (more often) into each other. Am I the only one who thinks there collision avoidance needs a bit of work?

Besides, the Romans had it right, that kind of thing is only interesting if people are being chopped up or mauled by lions.

hooaaa Dragon Lady.

I find football disgustingly boring, give me hockey, where the bodies fly and the blood pours, or good old european football where the crowds riot and people die.

Sorry, football just isn't the same after watching a european football(soccer) game between the Turks and the Greeks in Alexandria. It was UNREAL!! The riot after the Turks beat the Greeks was a wonder to behold, it was like a living creature, tearing the place apart around us.

Frightening and exhilarating at the same time.

Nope, footbal just has never been the same for me.

Guest rtoolooze

Ya, I like football. Alway's enjoyed playing it when growing up. And I enjoy watching it......

But its nothing compared to NASCAR RACING!!!!!!

And thats just around the corner. (pun intended)

Daytona 500 kicks off the season Feb. 16th.

Go Jeff Gordon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

quote:

Originally posted by IceCold:

Ready left turn

left

left

left

left

left

left

wreck

Nascar, the most basic racing

Watch F1

I agree with you F1 is a great race... not to mention Rally (which is my favorite...)

Guest Grayfox

i enjoy football (both kinds) nothing beats rugby... no pads (cept maybe shinnies) the hitting is as hard, and you need as much endurance playing that then you do soccer.

nothing beats the feeling of getting plowed by a 280 pound aussie with no front teeth that looks like jocko from the old energizer commercials..."oi mate... you ok???" had my friggin jersey ripped right off my back too... and those things aint light!!! almost like wearing a shirt of chainmail.

the crowds are rowdy,nothing like being on the pitch and hearing the crowd singing some drunken song... feet stomping, team colors flying... and after the match everyone retires to the pub and gets hammered and eventually it winds up in a drunken brawl because the winners rub the fact in.

if there was never a more enjoyable sport, i dont know what is.

quote:

Originally posted by Jaguar:

hooaaa Dragon Lady.

I find football disgustingly boring, give me hockey, where the bodies fly and the blood pours, or good old european football where the crowds riot and people die.

Sorry, football just isn't the same after watching a european football(soccer) game between the Turks and the Greeks in Alexandria. It was UNREAL!! The riot after the Turks beat the Greeks was a wonder to behold, it was like a living creature, tearing the place apart around us.

Frightening and exhilarating at the same time.

Nope, footbal just has never been the same for me.

ROFL so you're in for the violence? This is too funny

I don't watch any sport for the sole reason that I just don't morph in potato couch just to choke on McDonald fries when my favorite team loses... no thanks. I'll return to Jumpgate, BF1942, Neocron ... anything and make my own fun.

quote:

Originally posted by Kenada:

quote:

Originally posted by IceCold:

Ready left turn

left

left

left

left

left

left

wreck

Nascar, the most basic racing

Watch F1

I agree with you F1 is a great race... not to mention Rally (which is my favorite...)

Hmm... It's a choice between joining drunken rednecks in watching lots of left turns, or paying a small fortune to watch a bunch of cars unable to overtake each other - and that bloody German to win again...

Give me F1 archives!

*puts on his Dijon 1979 archive clip and starts drooling*

NFL football is an acquired taste as is any of the other sports mentioned. One reason over 500 million people will be watching is football is exciting to watch. Another reason is at one point just about every american male has played the game in one form or another. I played competitively from age 8 till age 24 and I loved it and always will. I don't fault anybody who doesnt like it , to each his own.

Guest Grayfox

quote:

Football is funny.

Nothing like watch grown men play women's rugby (british) in full body armor.

usually you hear that sort of thing from someone who never played the game.

i played for my highschool (who didnt), our post even had a football team and i was lucky enough to get on it.

i love football(american) dont get me wrong. theres nothing like playing OLB and nailing a running back as he comes off tackle, or dropping back into short zone coverage and picking off a pass over the middle, i just love rugby better. nothing like talking smak to the guy across from you while youre in the scrum and then you start headbutting the crap out of eachother (got a lovely scar over my eye from that).

i was kinda mixed on who i would root for in the superbowl... i didnt care bout the raiders too much cause theyre not my team... tampa i didnt want to win cause they beat my team in the NFC championship game, so i decided to go with the raiders because i didnt want the bucs to win AND because theyre closer to my original hometown (go west coast).

boy did that backfire... thankgod im not a bookie

Oh Grayfox, you're a man after my own heart. I really miss my rugger days (had to give it up cos of injury/operations etc). I used to play flank-forward/No. 8 and when I got too slow (fat?) I went to Lock-forward. The game is in my blood. I used to love nailing the opposition No. 8 as he picked up from the base of the scrum. It usually ended up with me being rucked to hell and having a dozen parallel stud scrapes down my back, but damn, was it worth it!

Then there was the drinking afterwards

If you missed the bowl ads, you might want to see the Reebok/Terry Tate ad. It is the most frigging hilarious thing I have ever seen.

Do this

1. www.reebok.com/terrytate
  2. select the Quicktime version
  3. If prompted for username/password, use [email protected] and games
  4. Once the QT version starts, pause it (click on the Play button) and wait until it finishes downloading.
  5. Now unpause it and watch it

If you don't pause it, you will get choppy download playback and will ruin the flow of the ad.

It is friggging hilarious.

Guest rtoolooze

IceCold, I do watch F1. In fact, I'm glad speed vision over here covers F1. I've run online alot in the past with Monaco Racing Simulation, along with single player campaigns.

I have Grand Prix 4 on my hardrive now and fire it up sometimes. I know all the tracks very well, and you would have a hard time against me online in F1, however, Nascar is just much more exiting. There's alot more to it than just turning left, unless you don't really know. They also race at two road courses a year, (left, right, up, down ect.) Its just a different type of racing, and not the most basic of racing.

Now I'm sure if Gordon, Jr., Stewart, and so forth, went and ran F1 against F1 drivers, they would get their butt kicked untill they adjusted to that form of racing. But, the same thing would happen to F1 drivers if they came over and tried to beat Nascar drivers on their turf, untill they got used to Nascar, of course.

Anyway, not trying to be defensive, everyone has their own opinion. I just like it better.

Mabe if you don't want to settle this on the track, (wich I would), we could of course settle this in space when BCMG comes out.

(p.s.) I race online in a Nascar 2002 (papyrus) league, and just won last Sun. at Bristol, wow, it was kick a**. Hard to win online. The good leagues have great drivers.

Cheer's

Ah the old "Sports" debate. I don't like football but I don't hold anything against anybody who does(except maybe my dad but thats a different story ).

In fact I don't watch sports at all really however I do enjoy the motorbike racing occasional(sorry I am a biker after all) but the most dangerous/best sport must be hurling. Its played over here a LOT.

I believe it was once called the fastest game in the world. Think Ice hockey(kind of) without the armour. Suffice to say alot of Hurling players over here are missing teeth(if they are lucky) of have some SERIOUS injuries after a couple of games.