"Look in the sky!," your faveComic adaptations

Kevin Trotter

With Daredevil and the Hulk coming out the question came up, what was the best adaptation of a comic book/graphic novel and what was the worst.

You could reference live action films or animation.

Here are some of my choices;

1. Batman -Micheal Keaton as the Dark Knight?

who knew? My choice as the best.

The worst- Howard the Duck- came out nearly twenty years ago and I can still detect its stench.

Animated-The Original Spider-Man cartoon. Loved the theme song. Loved that he fought Doc Ock , Electro , Craven the Hunter all the guys from the comic not some made up Superfriends villians. Too bad it isn't being shown anywhere. Not to be confused with NBC dreck that had Spidey living with Iceman from the X-Men

The worse- The Sub-Mariner cartoons of the early sixties. Truly the worst animated superhero show of all time. They moved like cutouts from comics.

absolutely dreadful in every way.

Feel free to join in with your choices.

Hmmm...definitely the first Batman was good...

However, despite story discrepancies, the X-Men and Spider-man movies both had Stan's approval for the whole bit. They were trying to appeal to the regular joe as well as us comic addicts. I mean, c'mon...would you REALLY have wanted Ed Sullivan to invite Spidey on his show in the movie?

I don't know much about the early Superman comics (I'm too young). But I think they did a decent job with both the Superman movies and the Lois and Clark tv series...enough continuity to make it likable and enough adaptation to make it new.

The old Hulk series, while entertaining, was a bit too much drama. I did like the Cap America movie, tho.

I'll shut up now, I've geeked out enough

[edit] the old batman cartoons...from like 7-8 years ago...loved those

Guest Grayfox

hmmm the best comic book to movie... i would have to agree and say the first batman. michael keaton totally blew me away in that role, and jack nicholson pegged out the role of the joker perfectly. Batman returns wasnt too bad.

for second place id give it to Dick Tracy. my dad let me "borrow" some of his sunday paper cartoon clips of dick tracy that he saved, and i was impressed. the movie was pretty good.

the worst movie i would have to say was the captain america movie that was made either in the late 80's or early 90's. they made the red skull look cheesey, and cap just didnt look like cap... he didnt FEEL like cap.

the second worst would have to be that cheesey ass 70's spiderman series... the live one i mean not cartoon.

now i just wish theyd make a movie about deadpool