Private Pilots

goaliejerry

I was just curious if there are any private pilots who frequent this board. I'm about half-way towards my VFR ticket, after which, once I accumulate some real flight time, I'll then go after my IFR certification. Any other private pilots out there who also pilot Battlecruisers in their spare time?

Actually I was surprised at the accuracy of Microsoft flight simulator. I had played it for a long time before I started my flying lessons, having taught myself how to fly and navigate using the instruments. The functionality and purpose of the instruments in MSFS is exactly the same as the real thing, so that when I got into an actual plane, I needed no instruction whatsoever on the use of any of the flying equipment used in a Cessna. I'm not saying that MSFS can teach you to fly, however it does allow you to become familiar with the instrumentation, and honestly, had I not had MSFS, I would have needed hours and hours more instruction to get me up to the level of knowledge I had when I did start flying. And BTW, flying is AWESOME

Oh yeah and if there are any commercial pilots as well, I'd like to hear from those folks too. Flying the big heavys into the big airports for a living must be exciting, and any interesting stories one might have I would love to hear.