C&C Generals

Commander Jamont

quote:

Originally posted by Commander Jamont:

I got the game today

and i must say i am impressed nice graphics overall , so bad there is no story in it like the other games

They finally came to grips with the fact that most people don't read the manual, care about the story and, with no Kari Wuhrer, no one was going to give a damn about the cutscenes.

**waiting for mod tools.

Some things need to be balanced in this game.

Terrorists are WAY too powerful in multiplay. The only way to stop them is by using your valuable aircraft to kill the suicide bombers and such, and pray that they aren't guarded by RPG soldiers.

My strategy as terrorists:

Sit back and build some quick rebels and suicide bombers. Continue building to the top of the tech tree.

Suicide bomb anything that comes close to your base, build bombers as needed. As soon as you build Palace, build the AK47 upgrade for mobs.

Send in waves of angry mobs headed by suicide bombers to remove base defenses and lay waste to the enemy base. That's the only two units you really need to build, and to have the money to build them, all you need is to build lots of workers and have them constantly building and getting supplies.

Strategy as China:

Find a chokepoint, put 3 bunkers on the outside, fill with 3 infantry and 2 RPG guys on flanking bunkers, and 5 infantry on forward bunker. Surround them with Landmines - nothing to worry about from any GLA players now.

Around your base build gatling guns, nothing to worry about any US players now. Sit back, build the Red army, and lay waste to anyone in your path - as the Chinese infantry are the only effective ones. Use artillery strike upgrades to knock out whole lines of defenses, massed troops, or major buildings, and then move in.

Strategy as US

As soon as able, build helicopter to kill any infantry approaches, and build supersonic bombers.

Use your satellite to pick good undefended targets, and use your supersonic bombers to attack those targets. No point whatsoever in building infantry hardly. Tanks are good to exploit holes, and as soon as you've built the ION cannon, use it to rake across the forward line of base defenses to open up the enemy base to your assault. Your major advantage as the USA is the fact that your satellites, spy drones, etc. give you enormous information to what the enemy is doing. Unfortunately you are limited to harassing the enemy because of your crappy troops. But you can slow them down long enough to make a difference, especially if you have an ION cannon standing by... The good thing is there is hardly any times where you HAVE to sacrifice your troops to cause damage to the enemy, and you can wear them down HOPEFULLY, enough to make the difference.

There you go, the first player made, and shortest strategy guide to all 3 sides... all from playing last night to see how the sides were balanced against each other.

quote:

Originally posted by Kalshion:

I love this game, however one little problem

ALL 3 CAMPAINS ARE TO EASY!!!!!

It only took me 2 hours TOPS to complete the GDI, 2 hours to complete China and 3 hour's to complete GLA =

dude there is no GDI, USA yes, GDI naw

quote:

Originally posted by $iLk:

Terrorists are WAY too powerful in multiplay. The only way to stop them is by using your valuable aircraft to kill the suicide bombers and such, and pray that they aren't guarded by RPG soldiers.

I haven't had any problem, just keep a lot of small arms fire infantry like rangers or red guard around your tanks. For once the light infantry in a CnC game come in useful! What a glorious day!

Here's a question to add into this post, whats your favorite side to play in mp?

Mines the GLA. I love rush tactics and that seems to be basically what the GLA live on. Although I have played the USA quite a bit too, but the GLA are just so easy to rush with.

Played realistically as the USA against China. I lost 6 Units.

Of those six units they consisted of:

1 Army Ranger

2 Planes: Both Pilots recovered

3 Unmanned air drones.

The Chinese lost over 100 Units, consisting of various tanks, infantry, etc.

Just like real life, I only lost 1 person in my war against the Chinese... because my air power slammed the heck out of them.

A new strat for USA - Build strategy center, give it +20% firepower bonus for all units, and upgrade all your air units. 2 airfields - 4 Raptors, 4 Supersonic bombers.

Use the Raptors to bust tanks, have 2 Comanche helicopters picking up the leftovers, and have the Supersonic bombers laying waste to the enemy base.