Veterans helping veterans

Guest Grayfox

Guest Grayfox

this email was sent to me by one of my closest friends who is a veteran, and whos father served in vietnam along with my dad.

-------------------------------------------------

WRITTEN BY: Dick Forrey, Vietnam Veterans

Association

We asked our local Target store to be a sponsor of the

Vietnam Veterans' Memorial Wall during our spring recognition event. We received back a reply from Target management that "veterans do not meet our area of giving. We only donate to the areas of arts, social actions and education.

"My thought: if the Vietnam Veterans Memorial Wall and

the veteran himself, does not meet the criteria of these areas, something is wrong at Target. We were not asking for thousands of dollars, not even hundreds, but

simply sponsorship an endorsement for a "memorial

remembrance."

As follow-up, I E-mailed the corporate Headquarters

and their response was the same. Personally, I will NOT be buying anything atTarget Stores again.

If the Vietnam Veteran does not meet their area of

giving then why should I, as a Vietnam veteran, spen d my hard earned money in their stores?

Please pass this on to as many people as you know.

Veterans Helping Veterans

PS: Target will also not allow the Marines to collect

for Toys For Tots

--------------------------------------------------

it just boils my friggin blood to see that. not in their area of giving? well guess what, target isnt in my area of giving either...

i would like to hear what the veterans in THIS community think about this. i know theres quite a few of us here, so im interested in hearing what you guys think.

Apparently Target doesn't know the old rule of thumb about losing customers...

If you lose one customer you've lost a hundred.

I guarantee that Target won't be seeing me in their stores ever again.!

I sincerely hope someone reported this to the news media.

I just sent them an Email expressing my extreme indignance.

[ 02-15-2003, 05:04 PM: Message edited by: Wolferz ]

Guest Grayfox

i guess a simple endorsement was too much to ask for...

thats ok, i still remember how to lay structural charges

it just boils my blood. ive fought and bled (the reason im not still fighting) to protect thankless sonso*****es like that...

Target is sorta like a fancier Walmart. Cheap Chic I think they call it. Not much there that I like. Though they do carry the "Kong" for my dog at much cheaper prices than a genuine pet store has them.

I say good for Target for not caving.

• 2 weeks later...

I actually don't see the point in this.

Consider: The government takes care of the vets, and should. They take care of the monuments and war memorials, too. (Not saying they do a great job or bad job, but it's part of their job).

I don't blame Target, and would, personally, rather see them help the 30+ million impoverished people here in this great land.

Just the opinion of a US Navy veteran.

Oh, and...uhh...Grayfox...'lay structural charges'? Over this? Sounds quite a bit like 'terrorism' to me, dude.

Idaho