Best ATI Radeon 9700 Pro?

Guest $iLk

Out of all the different manufacturers, are all these cards identical in performance or is there one with more features, etc. ?

Nvidia looks to be in a slump... and I never thought I'd say it but ATI looks to be on top for a while.

ATI history is tue, but it has changed drastically. Just go read reviews on toms, or anadtech or [H], and you can see that ATI has made quite the turnaround in driver support.

All it really comes down to, for me, is the best price/performance ratio I can get. And right now, ATI's in the lead, but I dont have 600$ to spend anyways.

Personaly I trust reviews ever sense the one review he made about the TI that was complete bullshit

Im going to get the FX and review it myself I don't trust people have grudges against Nvidia cause all there mission goals are to ruin them and made them look mad

For example in one of the sound tests that they said they did on the FX, well I was very suspious, if you listen closly and have access to some type of sounds controls *IE like thoses I have at my school* then you'll know the sound is NOT that of the board its that of a small vacuum.

So I beleave he lied about the sound test, but then again who knows maybe thats what it sounds like.. or maybe not.

From my understanding, the GeforceFX (God I miss 3dfx...) falls short in performance, and wasn't the Radeon killer it was made out to be. ATI will release it's OWN Radeon killer in the next couple months, while Nvidia has fallen behind.

Reviews on the ATI Radeon, as well as news blurbs have got me to thinking. Yeah they've still got some shoddy drivers, but they've got solid hardware.

Even the folks at E3 who ran Doom3, chose to use a standard ATI Radeon instead of Nvidia's super offering of a overclocked card to run the Doom3 demo...

Nvidia has lost the lead, and looks to be in a slump, considering how long it took to get out the FX, (months overdue) and it was still a POS. Nvidia even stated they are making a limited run on most of the Geforce FX's because of problems mentioned above. (overly loud, etc.)

So Nvidia had better get their butts in gear, because the upcoming Price drop I'm betting is coming on Radeons... they are about to lose an Nvidiot fanboy...

Guest Fox__Trot

If your looking for hardware information

http://www.anandtech.com/

go there use that site love that site say a prayer that the site never closes down and all that other good stuff!

btw i like my 9700 pro its nice it works and more importantly Im using a 3rd party driver which just RULES

ATI 9700 Pro Came out a few months ago (I have this one, I used to be GeForce fully but even I have to admit this card rules them all)

GeForce FX beats the 9700 just barely according to all current reviews (depending on the test sometimes even the 9700 still is above) but the FX is supposed to be out in late April or later.

ATI 9800 Pro coming out at end of this month, way before the FX and it blows the 9700 Pro out of the water which easily beats the FX

As of now, GeForce is well more then One Full Producation Cycle behind ATI sad to say(which in business terms can't even be imagined it is so bad). It appears that ATI will be the ruling king for quite some time at least.