The War with Iraq has begun

At 9:45 eastern time, March 19 2003, the bombs began dropping on Iraq.

Saddam and his sons have chosen NOT to leave the country and live in Exile, so they have chosen to die.

The Iraqi people are about to be freed from one of the most bloodthirsty Tyrants of our century.

The Iraqi Army has already begun to surrender.

THe UN is now irrelavant, old Europe is now irrelavant.

When our 250,000 armed inspectors go in, they will find that France and Germany have been helping Saddam with his Weapons and weapons of mass destruction in exchange for oil deals with Saddams regime.

Those deals are now Null and void, BUT, the Iraqi people will still hold true to their debts to Russia. They will use the intact oil fields that are now held by American Special forces to rebuild their country and pay back the loans from some countries that allowed Saddam to build his war machine and make them live in terror for their lives.

The Kurds have abandoned their major cities in Northern Iraq for fear that Saddam will retaliate with chemical weapons against them.

Israel is fully defended with Patriot antimissile systems, but if a scud gets through, and it is loaded with any sort of bioloigical or chemnical weapon, they have promised to retaliate in a defastating way.

If Saddam launches one of his chemical weapons, Baghdad will glow in the dark for a thousand years, and he will die with it, and the people that allowed that weapon to launch will be tried for war crimes and executed as enemies of humanity.

THe war has begun, and soon the Iraqi people will be free.

If you are religious, pray for our troops, pray for the Iraqi people, and pray that this madman can be found and killed ASAP to bring this war to a conclusion quickly.

Free Iraq, and support our troops.

Buh Bye Saddam!!!

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Update: 40 cruise missiles were launched at "targets of opportunity", mainly high ranking officials oif the Iraqi government.

US Intelligence does not know if the missile strikes have been successful, nor are telling whom those strikes were aimed at.

You been under a rock? I had been watching this for an hour when you first posted.

Been watching CBS just because I tried to watch Survivor. It was one little batch of explosions they have been rehashing for almost three hours now. A single target of opportunity from what I can gather. Supposedly ( according to best estimates by the news) several tomahawks and two bombers dropping a pair of 2,000 lb bunker buster bombs each. Not the big bunker buster which is the 5,000 lb one right?

Also supposedly targeting gov't officials.

Now we will have 24 hours of analysis for this one little strike becasue it's already daylight over there. If the admin or the mil had wanted to put one over on the media they couldn't have done a better job. hehe. This will be interesting watching the media report on news that isn't there yet.

Didn't know whether to post again or edit. So I'll take my chances.

Saw on a news story a couple days ago the media is being given almost unfettered access to this war. They don't want Saddam pulling any dirty tricks and blaming it on us.

So just to be fair I'll give the Admin and/or the mil credit for doing this. Give me facts and I'll decide for myself.

To be even more fair if the poor guys are giving up before any shots are fired perhaps this is the right thing to do regardless.

However I am reminded of a discussion on this very board about two years ago. It was pertaining the gun rights, this, that, and the other and one person stated if a populace really wanted to be free that they would be free. I don't remember participating in that debate but I do remember thinking that that statement was a load of hooey.

Odd that it took two years to prove "whoever it was" wrong. An oppressed people can't always defend themselves.

No Jaguar, it wasn't you. Hope not at least . It was someone else I can't remember who.

when the term 'all hell has broke lose' was made, they couldnt have been more right. the US has made its gravest mistake ever. now before i get labeled as a sympathizer or something else, im not. i do feel Saddam is a madman and should be taken care of, but war wasnt the way. his ppl are ready to defend him and die for him, they really sound oppresed to me.

the Shia and Kurds are oppressed, but to make it sound like the whole nation is is a lie. also democracy doesnt do much better, russia has one and ppl have said they used to beable to feed thier families with communism and now they cant get jobs or food. and what is democacy doing for us? 10000 jobs are expected to get remove in the CA education system, plus all those who lost jobs after the wtc event, and rate hiking on gas are not what id call good examples of democracy

by going to war, we could now be considered a rogue nation, and that would allow the rest of the world (with many who hate us and would love a crack at us) to come in an take over. they would do it in the name of world peace

if anyone remembers, the US armed irag to fight iran, then when saddam started being a dictator and a sick bastard, we turned the other way till '91 allowed us a chance to attack him, and not have it be an aggressive assault.

and i want u all to think about this, war is waged to take the land, people and resources of another nation for your own good

quote:

Originally posted by Enigma:

the US has made its gravest mistake ever.

Exactly, and I do mean exactly, what would be the right course of action? You obviously must have an alternative to war that you want to see advanced which would defuse the situation in Iraq and I want to hear it. BTW, taking the stance that the UN plan was working won't make the cut because years of failure doesn't sound like a working plan to me.

No doubt Enigma, what do you know that the president doesn't know?

Also, about the communism thing, you're full of crap. You are obviously clueless about what is ACTUALLY going on in Russia as well.

If the UN were going to take over a country by force they would have taken over Iraq.

The UN is irrelavant, and they can't take over anyone, I wish them luck, because if they declare us a rogue and kick us out of the UN, which I hope they do by the way, they would be out of business. THe US pays their bills and fights their wars.

We are what makes the UN relavant, they are no longer.

You really are clueless as to what the world stage actually looks like.

Keep trying though, maybe you will actually learn something.

And yes, what is your plan? What would you have done? What secret info so you have that the president of the United States, with the CIA, the FBI, and other intelligence agencies doesn't have?

Whatever Enigma, next time come up with some facts, and not just some emotional outburst, because you sound clueless, and just plain ignorant.

It is better to be silent and thought a fool, then to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

quote:

and i want u all to think about this, war is waged to take the land, people and resources of another nation for your own good

And with that statement, you should really heed my advice.

This war is being fought so that one of our cities is not turned into a smoking ruin and thousands if not hundreds of thousands of our citizens killed.

This war is being fought to take a madman with WMD's out of power, and to remove him as a threat forever.

This war is being fought to free an oppressed people from a madman who rapes tortures and kills them because he can.

Take my advice enigma, be silent, because you have removed ALL doubt in my mind.

Sorry to so publicly slammed you, but you left me no choice, some people around here might actually believe you, and that would be sad. Because you can't be more wrong.

I should put you in touch with my freind from Russia, he still has family there, and they are quite happy under the new government. I should also put you in touch with a man that I have been hearing a lot from, he is from Iraq, he has seen mothers taken from their families and raped in front of them, the fathers have been taken and tortured and then killed, and the children have been shot in front of their parents. Nice, huh?

How about in Russia, where when it was the Soviet Union, you had a certain amount of food you could have, you were given a one room apartment that you had to share with your whole family, up to 4 generations in the same room. You had to watch your back or else the KGB might come and take you in the middle of the night for crimes against the state. Etc, etc ad nauseum. If you think that people enjoyed that, and do not appreciate what they have now, you have your head where I really don't want to think about.

Also, you were given a job, and that job was what was needed by the state at the time, you had no choice in the matter, and you did that job for the rest of your life. No choices, no nothing, you just did was they ordered you to do and that was that.

Yeah, sounds like a great life to me. uh huh, sure.

[ 03-20-2003, 12:39 PM: Message edited by: Jaguar ]

War is only an acceptable national policy if diplomacy fails or aggression occurs. It has, therefore war is now an acceptable policy.

And we save civilians by killing combatants as quickly and efficiently as possible.

Party time in Bagdad

Who will get there first?

The Brits or US?

The only thing that sucks about this whole thing is the constant misinformation the media news is spewing 'cause they dont know a bloomin' thing. So they keep repeat the same stuff over and over and over - which amounts to nothing ... geez, this is worse than that pink bunny.

The only mistake that we made was not taking out Saddam the first time.

The biggest mistake that we could make in this war is to give the media any access aside from what the CINC wants them to have.

TTFN

[ 03-21-2003, 07:42 PM: Message edited by: Gallion ]

Guest Remo Williams

quote:

Originally posted by Gallion:

The only mistake that we made was not taking out Saddam the first time.

I agree 100%

You think people around the world are pissed now just wait until they find out Iran is next!

Wow.

-----------------------------------------

WEB TRAFFIC EXPLODES AS MISSILES FALL

WASHINGTON (CBS.MW) -- When the missiles started dropping on Baghdad, visits to Web sites soared. Online news portals in the United States and China reported that their traffic tripled as people sought out information about the war.

ComScore Media Metrix, a firm that monitors Web traffic, reported that traffic at the top 15 news sites Wednesday was 62 percent ahead of the average for the previous four weeks.

"Our page views went through the roof," said Caroline Straathof, a spokeswoman for Sohu.com (http://www.sohu.com/), a Chinese language site. She said 20,000 people signed up for the portal's $3 a month text messaging service to receive news on their mobile phones, Reuters reported.

Three times more traffic also hit Yahoo's (YHOO) news site in the hour after President Bush reported the initial attack on Iraq. MSNBC.com also said its visits nearly tripled normal levels. Dean Wright, MSNBC.com's editor in chief, said the site expects to begin offering a live video stream in the next few days.

Some U.S. military Web sites have buckled under the strain of Web users. The U.S Army's (http://www.army.mil/) and Marine Corps' (http://www.usmc.mil/) official sites were taking as long as 80 seconds to load and only 70 percent of people trying to connect were able to do so, according to a spokesman for Keynote Systems (KEYN), a Web performance testing company.

quote:

The only thing that sucks about this whole thing is the constant misinformation the media news is spewing 'cause they dont know a bloomin' thing. So they keep repeat the same stuff over and over and over - which amounts to nothing ... geez, this is worse than that pink bunny.

Like I said; they couldn't have done a better job of faking out the media if they HAD planned it. But I have also read that this is part of the plan. So apparently it hasn't really begun yet like I said. When it begins "we'll know"; which is a reference to the massive bombing being planned. That Shock and Awe thing I have heard about.

I've been under a rock as well. The ground forces started moving a while back. Like I really need to be the BCM board's own Ted Koppel with up to the minute news.

Frightening enough for this poor civilian. So you can bet I am glued to the news. May take my casio 1.5" TV to work tomorrow.

Guest Grayfox

3 things that really pi$$ me off about this whole news coverage thing...

1) Wolf Blitzer and his reports of US troop positions... ummm aint that supposed to be a secret kinda??? might be a ploy, but i dont think iraq would pass up the chance to launch a few missles, which they did right near some of our troop positions... blood pressure rising...

2)Aron Brown... period. he has no idea what hes talking about, hes milking everything from the "live" shots of the 7th cav rolling thru the desert, to him on the horn with the wife of a company co with the 7th... hes an assclown... anger rising...

3) that stupid bimbo that was with the 15th MEF as they were rolling out... she practically gave away their position... the thing about passing the refinery complex so many miles over the border is a dead giveaway... most of the border complexes are spread out pretty far... all that was left for her to do was to call out a 10 digit grid.

ill add a 4th to this list... i find it rather sick and twisted that i can now watch the war unravel "live" on cnn.coms "war tracker"...

all cnn needs now is to hire john madden and have him do his pen thing when the troops enter baghdad.

i believe the generous amount of freedom given to the media in this is a mistake. one of the more inexperienced ones will slip up, and either do something idiotic like stand up in the middle of a fire fight, or give away troop position, and it will result in lives lost. they take up space that can be used to carry additional food,water,ammo,etc. and even though they say that no one baby sits them and that they take care f themselves... thats horse poop... you better damn well believe that a troop is wearin that reporter like a pair of fruit of the looms... because they dont want to look bad if they get a newsie killed.

ok ive vented...nuff said on that.

and for our foreign policy secretary enigma, i too am curious as to what your master plan would be??? dont be shy please indulge our curiosities.

quote:

i find it rather sick and twisted that i can now watch the war unravel "live" on cnn.coms "war tracker"...

all cnn needs now is to hire john madden and have him do his pen thing when the troops enter baghdad.

next to come - a RTS-gamelike view of the war! See every unit, a health bar and their ammo! including realistic fog of war, and day/night cycles! Rated T for Tards.

And this attack on Iraq is going to make terrorism obselete? I just want to know how this will all play out. I keep hearing automaton like citizenry who've never served or got any information that wasn't doled out on CNN or Fox talk about" Taking Saddam "out before something happens on American soil" So no Islamic fundementalist is going to be motivated to strap a bomb to his ass and hop on a subway because Saddam is toast? I pray our soldiers and sailors come home safe and soon , but just who do you think will have to stay behind while we work our particular brand of nation building for the next few years? How vulnerable will they be? And please don't say the UN cause according to you guys both they and Europe are irrelavant and obselete.

As far as a foreign policy how about this. We are the US. We have and will use weapons of mass destruction on any nation that is connected to any

attack on US citizens. This would now include the reprressive monarchy known as Saudi Arabia, a country that oppresses its women and has even executed members of its own royal family for sexual infidelity. The majority of the 9-11 bombers were Saudi nationals and members of the royal family can be tied to funding terrorist groups a lot better than the flimsy ties between A-Quaida and Saddam.

How bout N. Korea? Fire another missile over US allies or harrass another US military aircraft and we will double our economic sanctions and reinforce the pacific theater with a couple of carrier groups and a few flocks of B-52's and Stealth bombers. CONTAINMENT and NUCLEAR DETERRENT I feel very comfortable that is a better way to do this than 100 billion dollars WE DON"T HAVE TO SPEND!an occupying force that will be at risk for the kind of attacks we are seeing in Israel right now is my concern.

But by all means keep wrapping yourselves in the flag insisting we are fighting terrorism while the rest of the country goes to Hell in a handbasket. The economy is shit, states are broke, the corporate wheels keeps spinning round and round and as long as we have our "Bread and Circuses" no one really notices that the Emperor really has no clothes and worse no clue.

Seriously - Aaron Brown is an AssClown. Watching him report is like watching the Warner Middle School News Cast - He's eager enough yet so out of his league. Considering that FOR A LIVING all he does is watch CNN and report he's amazingly ignorant. And listening to him talk, as if he is talking to children, just makes me want to punch him in the face. This man, for the sake of the nation, must be removed from his position.

BUT on a serious note:

I just wanted to register my support for this nations fighting men and women, and wish them god speed on their endeavour, removed from all political debate on whether this war is just. They have a job, they'll perform it as best as any soldiers this world has ever seen, and will, if required, lay down thier lives. God Bless our fighting men and women, and God Bless the USA.

And to comment on reporters with the troops: so long as they don't get in the way and abide by whatever censorship is needed (I'm almost positive that each reporter is accompanied by a military public affairs rep) I'm all for transparency. I bet that every single piece of live footage needed to be cleared before it was allowed to be shown, and in truth, the Iraqi military is so concerned with not dying, that information on US positions will only go towards perpetuating their retreat, because they'll know we're coming. Just my two cents.

Guest Grayfox

quote:

next to come - a RTS-gamelike view of the war! See every unit, a health bar and their ammo! including realistic fog of war, and day/night cycles! Rated T for Tards.

you know... thats exactly what it seems like. i had the privelige of being in the DTOC during the very first few land warrior (back then i think it was called something else) test trials, and now that you mentioned that ep5, thats exactly what it seemed like... the individual gps locaters on each troop and vehicle designating which was which looked like something out of C&C or something.

and as usual, Race hits the nail on the head. i would feel more comfortable with deterrent and containment. the US itself could use the money we are going to shell out rebuilding that shytehole. however part of me also feels that we need to make an example of this clown. we hit him so friggin hard that the rest of the islam nation takes stock and decides wether or not funding terrorists is actually worth paying the eventual price we will mete out. then we will see...

to all my buds in the 326th en bn 101st abn with the courage to remain in the military, knowing that a war was inevitable but still had the guts to stay in and fight and not take the cowards path, fight on airborne oorah!

godspeed, and hurry home.

quote:

Seriously - Aaron Brown is an AssClown. Watching him report is like watching the Warner Middle School News Cast - He's eager enough yet so out of his league. Considering that FOR A LIVING all he does is watch CNN and report he's amazingly ignorant. And listening to him talk, as if he is talking to children, just makes me want to punch him in the face. This man, for the sake of the nation, must be removed from his position.

LMFAO circle gets the center square ladies and gentlemen. very good analogy jerrie lol i feel the exact same way about 99% of the reporters covering this.

Race,

Without Saddam, the attacks in the west bank and Israel proper are going to stop.

There's no money in it now, no one will pay the suicide bombers families, so the threat of that is goimg to go away.

As far as the domestic front is concerned. We are living in Clinton's economy now. This is X42's direct responsibility. He gave Bush every mess that he trying to clean up.

The tax cuts, if they are big enough and soon enough will help a GREAT deal to get the economy back on track. But the fact of the matter is, the president has very little power to do anything in the short term, it takes anywhere from 2-8 years for a federal fiscal policy to effect the economy.

That is why Clinton is directly to blame for this economy now.

It is almost time for the first tax cut to start kicking in, remember the $300 we all got back 2 years ago? That will start to be felt in the next 3-6 months.

The economy will come back, the state and federal governments need to just quit spending money they don't have.

But it will come back either way, that tax cut and the tax cuts to come, if they are big enough and soon enough will kick it up quite a few notches.

quote:

Race,

Without Saddam, the attacks in the west bank and Israel proper are going to stop.

I'm sorry Jaguar, I do not normally flame people but this comment displays your complete ignorance regarding the Zionist movement and its aftermath. The Yom Kippur war was with all of Israel’s neighbors and Iraq was not a major participant. This comment is analogous to saying the arrest of Mexico’s president will stop drug trafficking. The Palestinians will fight against Israel regardless of Iraq's status.

quote:

Originally posted by IceCold:

quote:

Race,

I'm sorry Jaguar, I do not normally flame people but this comment displays your complete ignorance regarding the Zionist movement and its aftermath. The Yom Kippur war was with all of Israel’s neighbors and Iraq was not a major participant. This comment is analogous to saying the arrest of Mexico’s president will stop drug trafficking. The Palestinians will fight against Israel regardless of Iraq's status.

Right on.

Guest Grayfox

quote:

The Yom Kippur war was with all of IsraelÔÇÖs neighbors and Iraq was not a major participant

very good... someone reads history but im curious to know exactly what history book you got that disinformation from??? iraq didnt take a major part in the yom kippur war you say??? well they did. sendinga squadron of planes and 18,000 troops plus tanks into the golan and then attacking israeli forces is playing a major part i might say.

in case your curious, i took this from the jewish virtual library on the yom kippur war:

quote:

A few months before the Yom Kippur War, Iraq transferred a squadron of Hunter jets to Egypt. During the war, an Iraqi division of some 18,000 men and several hundred tanks was deployed in the central Golan and participated in the October 16 attack against Israeli positions. Iraqi MiGs began operating over the Golan Heights as early as October 8, the third day of the war.

the only thing stopping israel from completely wiping the palestinian race off the face of the earth is the US. otherwise they would roll in and massacre them, and not even worry about retribution from the arab states, because the israelis have proven time and again that they can handle themsleves quite well against their middle eastern neighbors. the six day war, the yom kippur war etc etc. i mean when you engage and defeat 3 or 4 armies in one conflict, it does something to bolster your troops morale.

before you post something to flame someone and use a historical referrance YOU BETTER MAKE DAMN SURE YOUR INFORMATION IS CORRECT. not only did you insult a member in good standing with this community but you seriously need to pull your head out of your a$$ and get your facts straight.

while i may not agree with everything jag has to say, he definitely does not deserve the treatment you have given him.

[ 03-21-2003, 11:54 PM: Message edited by: Grayfox ]