NDA Breachers,Leakers, and all of them

Kalshion

Personaly, I hate it when something like this happens, I've beta tested EQ,DAoC,EnB, And now im beta testing Planetside.. out of all those games only one now has someone leaking information about the game..

Planetside

Personaly, as an exclusive beta tester, this seriously pisses me off!

The person who breached the NDA has a friend in beta *ok thats what they all say* but this....'child' *I can tell by his grammer* is posting pics on the board *Not this one another one* and who ever took them went to exthreme measures to make sure his name was blocked out on chat.

I want you guys opinions on this, cause this is the first time I've ever run up against someone who broke the NDA.

SC your input would be liked as well sense you are a dev and you might just understand, beta testers you to

Ummm.... to be honest im unsure if I can say.. I think they announced on the main boards that there where over 2000 players

1700 Exclusive testers

200 Media players

and 100 devs

sheesh yet I only see a total of 200-300 on at any given time

i wonder what personal satisfaction they get from doing this...guess only a childs mind could be so low. they should make a requirement of age 25 and over.

That would exclude me too, but who cares!

only one product I'll engage in that for.

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

Fact is, thats what you get when you pick unscreend low life scumbags - posing as gamers - from the general gaming public.

Which is why I don't do it and carefully hand pick mine.

Hey, did you hear that? We're hand picked scum!

quote:

Originally posted by Tyrn:

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

Fact is, thats what you get when you pick unscreend low life scumbags - posing as gamers - from the general gaming public.

Which is why I don't do it and carefully hand pick mine.

Hey, did you hear that? We're hand picked scum!

LOL.

Seriously though NDA is a legal contract - Kill em in court - send em to do some time - that will serve as a warning to others

Seriously, I'm wondering what's wrong with the 12 years old teens that play online games. They are ALWAYS, and I mean ALWAYS the one that are trouble makers, the ones that destroy the game (grief0rz, chronical whiners, spammers, leakers and such ) ....

What burns me up to a certain point, is that some of these beta testers got in thanks to there mother or father signing them up and thinking "Oh! my child would never do that"

Vereat just found 4 beta testers on planetside who wern't of age, you know what they did?

Kalshion, you're on Planetside beta? Damn you to hell!! Come on, give us some goodies

Am I correct in thinking that minors cannot be pursued in the courts if they break the NDA?

I think as soon as they find out out they're kicked off beta. Personally, I think they should ban them from having an account to play the game too once it is released.

Well according to what rumors I've been hearing, Vereat is taking them to court, now I Know his is hard sense there only minors but apperently they caused much damage to the game itself *Releasing valuble information and at some extinct releasing the beta of the game to the public*

Vereat hasn't told the beta community I only found out cause I have a buddy who works for Vereat and keeps me up-to-date on the latest

As for telling you guys about the game.. I would, but wouldn't I be breaking the NDA? besides thats the last thing I want to do..

I promiss though once the NDA is lifted I'll upload my 600+ screen shots to my FTP *Umm I hope it can hold 200+ megs* and post the link here

BTW anyone know of another FTP other than the one im using? *Homestead is the one im using*

Thoose that break an NDA get the boot. If they don't get the boot then there may be a court by peers (other beta-testers).

Be careful and read the fine print of the NDA. Some provisions of a NDA last after the product is released.

TTFN

p.s. try using a FTP client; i.e. WS_FTP, CUTE FTP, etc..

In regards to FTP question: Since I have XP I just map the ftp site as a virtual drive on my computer, I can access it and do anything I to it I could do as if it is a real drive, just drag the files around to put them there or off, I do that with every ftp I goto, I find it so much easy, before that I used another program to map ftp's as drives, can't remember its name, and before that I used 3DFTP (not sure of its name) because it had more options then CuteFTP and before that I used CuteFTP