The REAL Dell BLOWOUT Sale

Ladies, gents and closet programmers:

You can now get a P4 3.06Ghz/533mhz bus with 512 RDRAM 1066 (running at 533mhz) with FREE DVD burner drive, 16X DVDRom, no monitor, keyb,mouse,speakers+subwoofer, 1yr warranty, $200 mail in rebate, 64 meg Nvidia,SBLIVE 5.1 and FREE SHIPPING at DELL.

I work in Dell Sales, and this is the first time I see this machine, which for that config usually runs at $2400, sold at ~$1300 BEFORE the 200 bucks rebate!

No idea how long this sale will last, uberdeals like these only run for one or two days.

I think they are giving them out this cheap because intel released a new motherboard which allegedly boosts the P4 3.06ghz performance.. but damn, the system as it is is KICKASS for any game in the market now and probably will be kickass for 2 more years.

If you looking to upgrade your gaming box, this is one heck of a chance!

Yeah, TAC, Intel has their new chipset and a few manufacturers have mobos out. The main difference is the 800mhz bus coupled with dual channel DDR.

When coupled with the new 800mhz (2.4ghz up to 3.06 with hyperthreading) qualified cpus fly while the previous generation (533mhz buss) just walks.

Report seem to indicate that Intel is getting back into the enthusiast market with this new chipset and HT capable cpu's. Lookout AMD.

www.dell.com , go to home and home office.

Dimension 8250

configure it with the P4 3.06ghz (gives $200 rebate)

you get 512 RDRAM Pc1066 for free

60gb HDD

no floppy

no monitor

16X DVD

Free DVD RW

the rest is the basic config of the system.

For florida, where we pay $#@$ sales tax since DELL has presence in the state, the system comes up to about $1450 or so.. before the rebate. Folks in other states may pay zero sales tax.

educators, folks working for big companies, military personnel, all get discounts from 5% to 10%.

quote:

Originally posted by Tac:

www.dell.com
, go to home and home office.

Don't make me hurt you Tac. I know where the website is, but I thought you had a direct link.

quote:

For florida, where we pay $#@$ sales tax since DELL has presence in the state, the system comes up to about $1450 or so.. before the rebate. Folks in other states may pay zero sales tax.

Tell me about it, a few days ago I ordered a new Inspiron 8500 laptop (for work) and the frigging tax was like $165!!! But Dell, decided I'd had enough pain and suffering, and so knocked off something like $45 off the shipping, bringing the shipping cost to something like $5.50.

LMAO!!!

"Don't make me hurt you Tac."

When I read that I heard Brain's voice in my head.

(ok maybe you dont watch cartoons )

Anyway chief, i'm one of the monkeys that answers the phones, if ye need anything lemme know, we usually have extra "incentives" like money off or mail in rebates to sell stuff

quote:

When I read that I heard Brain's voice in my head.

"NARF!"

"Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?"

"Yes Brain. But Brain, how are we going to get a chimpanzee to sing opera?"

Pinky and the Brain I like. I wish I had the cartoon network just for that. A friend at work asks me every friday what I'm going to do this weekend. Of course I have to tell him I'm going to take over the world. He gets such a kick out of that.

From Derek's link for the Dell Factory Outlet.

Dell Dimension 8250: Pentium® 4 Processor with HT technology 3.06GHz, Premium Audio, Intg. NIC

Pentium 4 3.06GHz,

1.5 GB PC1066 RDRAM

Windows XP Pro

Radeon 9700 Pro

And so on.

I mean, it needs a monitor, and the Hard Drive could be swapped out....But $2,130.00. For this CPU with this much RAM with WinXP Pro and decked out with a DVD Burner. (And free 3-5 day shipping....)

My mom's been wanting a second computer because she wants to go back to school. I've been wanting another one, because this one's starting to be far too slow for new games, and because there's always some bribery involved in getting my brother off this one. I've also been wanting a cutting-edge one.

I'll see how it goes.

[ 04-18-2003, 07:47 PM: Message edited by: Cmdr Nova ]

You do know you can easily build better, cheaper? I have estimated the price, just by a quick look at prices while reading this, at about, hold on... about $1300, that is with much better HD, and with a nice size monitor, on par cpu, better mobo, and on par ram...

You should learn how to build comps, get better pieces, much cheaper, and it is so easy it is almost funny.

You can't finance the order. Which was the key requirement of the whole thing. I could've ordered parts from Best Buy (you can get most parts, except they're not exactly the latest), but decided not to. An order with 2.8GHz CPU, same RAM, same vid card, faster HDs, and somewhat lacking mobo ended up at about $2900+. (Tac, I love you, man. Though I'm sorta sorry I didn't call your friend.)

I can build a computer with one hand tied behind my back. Provided someone else does the screw driving for me. (Ever try doing that with one hand, without a magnetic screwdriver? lol.)

Pentium 4, 3.06GHz w/HT

512MB PC1066 RDRAM

60GB HD

17in LCD Monitor (Mom's choice. lol.)

Radeon 9700 Pro

DVD Burner

Dell. I hate you. Or your package tracking for the PC itself. Sure, the rest of the stuff I ordered in addition to it had a separate tracking page, which was compeltely accurate. But man. It's supposed to arrive between April 28-30.

Okay. Let me go off topic by saying that my mom and I ordered this without telling my dad. This weekend, we were supposed to break it to him right before it came. Well, screw that plan.

I'm gonna be spending the day finding some other desk to put it on and then set it up. We were supposed to use the weekend for rearranging furniture, too.

Whoo... Days early. Nice work Dell. Now I've gotta do the cleanuup. My dad's pissed... But frankly, I'm sorta between extreme joy and slight fear of what he's gonna do/say.

Well, from your post i dont know if you bought it on the 18th (where that coupon I e-mailed ya gave you $100 off) or after

In any case, as long as you happy and like it, its all that matters! Enjoy it!

Overmind: I agree with you, usually I suggest people build their own systems (much better and cheaper), but this particular sale was impossible to beat on build-it-yourself. I know, I tried

Yep. I tried, too. But every way I cut it, the Dell still looked nice considering the 17in LCD, free shipping, fast CPU, and basically decent specs.

Right now, I've got the family room drowning in wires, and I'm sitting on the floor, with the monitor, keyboard, and mouse on this small little table thing. Lol, even set up the 4.1 surround speakers down here. I'll probably take a shot with the webcam later.

Busy setting up software and setting up a network router/switch for the DSL connection. Out.