Hello All!

Wold

I hope that things are going well for everyone. Between 2 jobs, church board, assisting a single mom w/ a teenage daughter (teaching her to drive in my Cobra Mustang), and building a new home, my computer time has vaporized!

My home building project (pictures here) is the main reason I've been soooo absent! Since I haven't built anything bigger then a tree house this project has been a HUGE learning project. Fortunately I've had several skilled people that have taken the time to help, especially with building codes.

I just hope that I get to live in it. My main employment is w/ HealthSouth and due to the CEO's fruadulant activities, things are a bit uncertain.

Anyway, home building is supposed to be completed by November so hope to be a bit more active after that.

Been wondering where ya got off to.

Cool house, it's HUGE!!!

Ummm, how in the hades do you work for Healthsouth in Alaska? That's almost an oxymoron. Honestly; that's about all the local news shows show and I feel for you.

Hey! How are you? The house is just awesome!!

The sunset pics make me want to jump on the next plane to Alaska!

I am soo glad you are doing well and it is great to hear from you! Best wishes to you and your family!

Take care!

Yes, things are going well, VERY well.... It's gotta be 'cause of that wife of mine....

It is a huge house! My current abode is 1500 sq ft, and this newbee is 4800 sq ft. In a few years I'm gonna have 4 teenage daughters so I hope it's big enought.... boyfriends and hormones....

hehe, LOTS of power tools, and all "compliments" of the construction loan! I must say, that I've enjoyed the work. Probably 'cause it's mine, not my main job, and lots of "new" things for me to learn/do. I also found out what kind of shape I'm in!

The sunset pics were taken from the garage deck on our new house. We ended up w/ an AWSOME view.

Anytime, Echo, you want to see Alaska, just hop on that plane and we'll pick you up. Goes for anyone else too, just let me know when.

Oh you'll be sorry you said that! Me and the kids will be on a plane in no time. Especially if you guys say you will babysit so I can go exploring! hahahaaha

I forgot you had all those girls! I hope you made a little safe room that you and your wife will be able to escape to when they are all teens. Mines only 16 mo and I swear if she was first I would have been done! What a handful!

quote:

Oh you'll be sorry you said that! Me and the kids will be on a plane in no time.

I doubt it.... Besides, that's probably just an idle threat.

quote:

Especially if you guys say you will babysit so I can go exploring! hahahaaha

NO sweat! I think....Uh, how many kids do you have? We watch my sister's kids (4 of them), over night, on a regular basis. Plus we "daycare" another kid, and we watched a single mom's 2 kids for 4 days while she took a trip to CA. So come on up!

Exploring: Lets see... there's fishing, hang gliding, ultralites, driving (lots and lots of driving), North Pole (just outside Fairbanks), hotsprings, ocean fishing, glaciers, Mountain climbing, animal watching (2 and 4 legged types), camping, and backpacking.

PS: If you go backpacking make sure you wear bells so the bears know where to find you!

Hahaahaha!!! you're right, I can't hop a plane at the moment.

I have 2 kids - 3yrs (my son) 16 mo - (daughter).

You and your wife have got to be nuts! All those kids! I just lost the fight over which smiley face to use on this post!

All those people you are helping are sooo luck to have you!

Am I glad im the only 'child' in my family =) *if you call 18 a child, seems the school district does *

And my father has a hard time keeping up with me

4!?!? Kids!? never seen anyone able to take care of so many kids

Thanks ShoHasi! After living in apartments, a single wide 1960's trailer house (9.5 years) and a 1500 sq ft house, and eventhough I'm building it, reality still hasn't sunk in.

The view is awsome! The picture sets 3 & 4 have some scenic views from the house. Set 4, pic 15 has a panoramic view. I'll have to top a few trees to the right and then we'll be able to have a clear view of Mt Denali/Mt McKinley. The mountain in the sunsets is Mt Susitna (locally known as Sleeping Lady).

quote:

4!?!? Kids!?

Nope, 5 kids. (we haven't decided on #6 yet) My sister & brother-in-law have 4. Which means from time to time, we are watching 9 of them! Oh, & BTW, the oldest in the bunch is 11.

Oh, and I'ld recommend staying a kid. It's generally cheaper and a whole lot more fun!!

Thanks, Echo, for the compliment. Time will tell though. As far as not being able to come up, too bad....I think it would be fun to have you and your kids pop up here for a visit.

Hummmmm.... maybe SC would sponsor a lottery - all funds go to airfare tickets for the lucky winner.... All he would need to do is just add a lotto machine to every starstation and starbase. Bet your ship and 5 bucks... pick those numbers and...... How 'bout it SC???