Universe Unlimited - New space sim

Guest Hellbinder[CE]

Guest Hellbinder[CE]

This is sounding like someone else *trying* to creep up on the BC franchise..

Wonder how this one will stack up. So far they have all been abysmal.

http://www.universeunlimited.com

Comparing my BC games to that is nothing short of sacriledge. Topic changed

[ 05-03-2003, 08:09 AM: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

Let me see, no screen shots, no details , one playable race,and a game description that reads like it was an attempt to rip off BC without actually mentioning it. I'd say they are off to a great start!

...Look the more great games out there the better, but there's a reason they never remade Gone With the Wind, you don't F**k with a classic. The story line is different but everything else sounds like a clone attempt. Will it be a good one or will it come out like the goofy third clone in the movie Multiplicity who keeps calling Micheal Keaton "Steve"?

Urghh, this sounds horrible - like a handful of teens who spent too much time roleplaying SpaceMaster suddenly decided it would be cool to make it into a PC game. The concept may be grand, but what little info on the premis they have made available looks like it was hashed up on the back of a character sheet during a sleepover at their rich buddies parents house.

Repeat after me - Aerosmith aint cool no more!

Gah ... horrible.

untill I see more about this game im not going to make any opinion on it.. and i would suggest you all do the same.. theres not enough about the game to say anything about it.. except what SC said

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

heh, I wish 'em luck. They're gonna need it.

if they DO however invade the DC universe by putting stuff that IS IN BCO IN there game.. then I think SC is going to have a field day (as in sueing that company)

Guest Remo Williams

quote:

untill I see more about this game im not going to make any opinion on it.. and i would suggest you all do the same.. theres not enough about the game to say anything about it.. except what SC said

Thats exactly why I have same opinion about this as Race and Blades. Until they put some substance up on the site. I think its just a group of kids with a lot of time on there hands.

I think im going to register and give them a peice of my mind!!!

If that was my board I would tell them to keep that out of there.. I already had 10 people on my board post stuff about Derek Smart and his games and they are now sitting in the ban list waiting for me to unban them.. lol like that will EVER happen

Alright I've learned my lesson, all I did was post something on there board about then talking crap about SC and now my e-mail is being spamed constently by someone who I don't know but is from that board.. Grrrr such children!!!

Thats why you dont let your email be public if you can help it. Forum wars are a nightmare...but dont make it into one.

Other than that I dont see any ripoffs. Would be nice to see someone else besides just SC get some initiative for once to make something cool.

[ 05-02-2003, 06:39 PM: Message edited by: Forever Light ]

UU's forum goons... Quite amusing. They start a thread utterly bashing us, and seem to be rather annoyed when we point out that game description is rather limited.

How pathetic.

They REALLY need to learn that this is a niche game, and that it's not for everyone.

Saying more would probably start yet another thread over there trying to bash us.

Guest Remo Williams

quote:

Those are works in progress, and it's not fair to judge them.

Everyone has their own opinion live with it!

quote:

As for me, I will remain hopeful about this game and will keep watching it's progress. There aren't too many space sims out these days, and I could always use one more.

Really, when you have the best why mess with the rest!

quote:

yep, this looks COOL!!!

Heh, we must be looking at different sites. Hey you really want to see something cool check these out!

quote:

Alright I've learned my lesson, all I did was post something on there board about then talking crap about SC and now my e-mail is being spamed constently by someone who I don't know but is from that board.. Grrrr such children!!!

precisely why I gave previous advice. just forget em, the SC can take care of himself. And he already knows he has your support because you're here.

btw W.I.P. or not those screenshots are kind of dumb, they don't show didly of what they are promising, its as if its just a plain old cartoon pic of outer space done by an 11 yr old.

quote:

Originally posted by Cruis.In:

btw W.I.P. or not those screenshots are kind of dumb, they don't show didly of what they are promising, its as if its just a plain old cartoon pic of outer space done by an 11 yr old.

LMAO!!

quote:

Heh, we must be looking at different sites. Hey you really want to see something cool check these out!

AHHHH!!!

WHAT DID I TELL YOU ABOUT BCG SCREEN SHOTS!!!

The ray of light shineing down from the heavens on top of such perfection hurts my eyes!!!

anyway that universe unlimited game lookes cool...

really cool...