Westwood Sudios Reborn!

Kalshion

The makers of the CnC series.. who EA ealier this year disbanded the team, we all thought we would never hear from them again...

well

we where all wrong.

Video Game company Launched in Vegas

By Jennifer Shubinski

---------------------

Las Vegas Sun

Former programmer for westwood studios said Wednesday they've formed a new video game development compnay, Petroglyph, abd vased the startup in Las Vegas.

The new company was annouced at E3 Expo, an electronic extertainment convention in Los Angeles.

Video game giant EA closed Westwood studios, its Las Vegas division, earlier this iyer and consolidated all video game operations at its Redwood city, Calif. HQ

Westwood Studio Programmer and creators Michal Legg,Steve Tall, and Joe Bostic decided to stay in Las Vegas and open thier own video game design company.

"We thought about relocating to Los Angeles, but we decided to stay behind," said Legg, who worked for westwood studios for 17 years.

"petroglyph is a great combination of talent and creative energy," saud Bostic, who has been programming computer games since 1889."... The future is bright and we have the vision."

Legg said the states tax structure, Las Vegas

entertainment offerings and affordable housing in Southern Nevada are all positives that will help attract new talent.

The annoucement is good news for Las Vegas, which for years has often lost out to cities in Arizona, Califronia and Utah When it comes to attracting technology bussiness. Companies have cited a lack of Talent and highly skilled workers as reasons to not locate, or stay, in southern nevada.

Legg, Tall and Bostic are well known in the gaming world for creating and producing such games as the CnC series; Dune 2 :The building of a Dynasty and the Legend of Kyrandia series.

The CnC series has sold more than 21 million units worldwide, Legg said

Petroglyph programmers and creators plan to Design Real Time Stratigy Games, which can be played over the internet or head to head on some gaming systems. RTS games are most often Strategy games that allows players to control all aspects of the game.

The group plans to make games that can be played on the NExt generation of game platforms, such as Microsofts Xbox, Sony's playstation and the Nintendo Gamecube.

"We are currently interviewing publishers for our next game," Legg said. "We are strategizing and setting up our office and our core technology."

Legg said depending on which publishing company signs for Petroglyphs first game. It hopes to hir eemployees. But he said that ideally, The founcer will limit employment to about 30 People.

"We want a team of quality over quantity," he said

--------------------------------------------------

I read that in the news paper and copyed it all here (hands hurt) did it all without looking at the screen so please forgive me if you see any spelling errors

Anywho I'll keep you all up-to-date =)

quote:

Originally posted by Kalshion:

"petroglyph is a great combination of talent and creative energy," saud Bostic, who has been programming computer games since 1889."... The future is bright and we have the vision."

----------------------------------

I read that in the news paper and copyed it all here (hands hurt) did it all without looking at the screen so please forgive me if you see any spelling errors

Anywho I'll keep you all up-to-date =)

Mmm.... Punch-card goodness.

Lol. It'll never be Westwood again. Trust me. Their main licenses and copyrights are owned by EA now, anwyay. If we see anything at all, I believe it'll be the kind of thing that you'd see as "old ideas that they never had time to do."