System Shock 2 Mod

Splash2k

Hey guys.

If anyone ever enjoyed System Shock 2tm, Theres a new mod thats coming out raising the poly count on the character skins.

You can go Here

This is the only game i couldn't finish because of being freaked!

quote:

Originally posted by Epsilon 5:

damn, and me that can STILL NOT find the goddamn game only played the demo.

LOL, well eppy if i find it here in a bargin bin i can send you a copy . if not check amazon thats how I found Emperor:Battle For Dune.

played it and beaten it.. only game that took me a year to beat =

There was suppost to be a SS3 but it vanished from the website about 2 or 3 years ago.. havn't heard a word sense =(

I thnk we'll see SS3 after the release of Deus Ex 2 and Thief 3 next year. Won't expect it till at least 2005, tho. I'm still bitter over Looking Glass' demise - I worshipped that company. Think I'll have to play through again with those new models, tho... they look NICE.

quote:

Originally posted by Kartoffel:

has System Shock 2, ATM. Rather hefty download at 258 MB though.

ooh I didn't see that, last time I checked it was still under copyright protection, and I don't care about the download since I have a very fast line

currently downloading at 355k/s, est 11mins left

Atomic, you are the greatest newbie ever!

*hugs atomic*

This is soooo cool, I'm installing SS2 right now! Thanks!

P.S. Everyone, I strongly suggest playing this game in the dark, at midnight, for about 2 hours before you go to bed. Hehehehehehehe.

you know after about the 20th time through the game kinda looses its scariness. Maybe I'm just too desensitized but I seem to think more about setting ambushes for the AI in there than I worry about getting hurt by it(or scared by it).

God this game gives be the collywobbles (What the hell is a collywobble?) , especially seeing as you can't be sure any place you've been through is still safe (damn hostile respawning games to hell), you can turn a corner and suddenly find zombie hybrids running around with shotguns and wrenches shouting 'Brains!' and 'Kill me!'

I find it most fun though when playing it multiplayer, and least scary... but having to share the nanites is annoying.

DOOM III IS GOING TO BE A PRETTY SCARY GAME TO! I remember playing the original when I was 6, gave me nightmares... hehehe.

quote:

Originally posted by Cmdr. WeeGee:

Atomic, you are the greatest newbie ever!

*hugs atomic*

This is soooo cool, I'm installing SS2 right now! Thanks!

well we try .

those skins are impressive! i've been playing since the post and I'm excited about the finished mod.

all sysshock 2 needs now is some daleks. lol

doom III can't "front of the daleks, dog."

Guest rtoolooze

Cool, downloading now, (1.5 Cable Modem) and I can't wait to try the new models! I've only tried the demo in the past.

Hmmmm, don't know why I did'nt pick this one up. Must of been playing too many other games and it slipped off my radar.

Heh, 20% downloaded by the time I typed this reply

system shock 1 made my nights miserable for weeks after i played it.

You really couldnt go out on the street and see someone running (because they late for work) and not think 'ohshit he's gonna whack me with a crowbar' & stuff...

quote:

Originally posted by Tac:

system shock 1 made my nights miserable for weeks after i played it.

I never had the chance to play SysShock 1.

It seemed like none of the stores up here had it.

i don't think i would have the time to now days.

hehe I picked up a copy of SS1 that EBX had on the value software shelf about 4 months ago but only recently got it working right so now I'm in the process of taking down SHODAN to see what the original story was.

I think that the Underdogs has SS1 there for download.

Great thanks for the info about the mod. I liked that game.

quote:

Originally posted by ThinkAtomic:

Hey guys.

If anyone ever enjoyed System Shock 2tm, Theres a new mod thats coming out raising the poly count on the character skins.

You can go

This is the only game i couldn't finish because of being freaked!