Foreign Legion

Supreme Cmdr

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

If you speak French, post in here please.

Thank You. No really, thanks

Okay, I think I have solution for you in the future when no ones around to help out. I found a free translation site http://www.freetranslation.com/ it does it either from English to the target language or target language to english.

This is how it translated your text:

Si vous parlez Français, la poste dans ici s'il vous plaît.

Merci. Non vraiment, remercie

Hope it's useful for ya in the future. You can use it to talk to Jascatar in his own language that would be so cool.

POST MORTEM

Hmmm, I just did a cut and paste on what that site translated for me in French. Waddya know, it did a translation back to english that read just like Jascatar's english. Oh well, I guess nothing is perfect. Must be the low end translator version they use for the freebee.

[ 07-04-2003, 12:28 AM: Message edited by: LostInSpace ]

Guest $iLk

Je ne parle pas Français, mais j'aime utiliser le freetranslation com dans l'ordre pour faire d'autres gens pensent que je peux parler dans cette langue.

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

If you speak French, post in here please.

Bonjour.

Je ne pas speaky the frenchy. But if you nice lady, I frenchy you non? Mais non de French lenguage, me no speaky. Only frenchy-frenchy.

Si? Comprende Senor?

Au revoir,

Wouter Dijkslag

Oh! Me stupido! I forget to put in zee little fishy! Babelfish

Oh, I've been in the french airport Charles De Gaulle near Paris a few times, they don't speak English so I had to save myself with the few words I know. Merde! that was so hard!

Adios!

Guest Grayfox

quote:

I thought there was no surrender key in this game

LMFAO! oh that one hit below the fjord. i can do english, most spanish, and i know how to ask where the pub is in german other than that...

quote:

Originally posted by aggressor27:

Even though we already have 2 or 3 references to translation sites, try
. If you put in something like "Hello, I enjoy long walks on the beach" you get back something like "The blue donkey eats fish on a leaf". But it's convenient, either way.

Wow, no wonder it translates like that.

Babel Fish

The Babel fish is small, yellow, leechlike, and probably the oddest thing in the Universe. It feeds on brainwave energy received not from its own carrier but from those around it. It absorbs all unconscious mental frequencies from this brainwave energy to nourish itself with. It then excretes into the mind of its carrier a telepathic matrix formed by combining the conscious thought frequencies with nerve signals picked up from the speech centers of the brain which has supplied them. The practical upshot of all this is that if you stick a Babel fish in your ear you can instantly understand anything said to you in any form of language. The speech patterns you actually hear decode the brainwave matrix which has been fed into your mind by your Babel fish.

Now it is such a bizarrely improbable coincidence that anything so mind-bogglingly useful could have evolved purely by chance that some thinkers have chosen to see it as a final and clinching proof of the NONexistence of God.

The argument goes like this:

`I refuse to prove that I exist,' says God, `for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing.'

`But,' says Man, `The Babel fish is a dead giveaway, isn't it? It could not have evolved by chance. It proves you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don't. QED.'

`Oh dear,' says God, `I hadn't thought of that,' and promptly disappears in a puff of logic.

`Oh, that was easy,' says Man, and for an encore goes on to prove that black is white and gets himself killed on the next pedestrian crossing.

Most leading theologians claim that this argument is a load of dingo's kidneys, but that didn't stop Oolon Colluphid making a small fortune when he used it as the central theme of his best-selling book, "Well, That about Wraps It Up for God."

Meanwhile, the poor Babel fish, by effectively removing all barriers to communication between different races and cultures, has caused more and bloodier wars than anything else in the history of creation.

I won't even attempt to use the babelfish translator link to translate this post. God knows what kinda war I'd start!

[ 07-06-2003, 03:26 AM: Message edited by: LostInSpace ]

LOL, that's uncle Douglas Adams at his best (hm, except for the spermwhale maybe)

As for SC's question. Yes, I speak a little bit French because they forced me to learn it for 4 years in school. Was never any good at it though.