Derek, you've done it again...

weegee_101

Hey SC, you made the latest Issue of PC Gamer again! Look on page 116 under the Desktop General. Boy, I do think that you are one of the most mentioned developers within their offfice. Good job!

ADDITION: For those of you curious, I think Trotter has just seen the light of his own troll. Read the column to find out.

I tend to get my PC Gamer issues before anyone else. Never really have figured out why, but its been happening since about the third year they were in print (I've had a subscription with them since the 2nd issue).

heh, I saw that last night. And yes, him replying to that guy who was trolling/harrassing him by saying First of all my editors don't want their columnists to get into Derek Smart-style pissing matches with irate readers is spot on. Because thats exactly what happens. No matter HOW you respond to some people, they never get it, nor do they ever stop. You have to literally sink to their level in order to get anywhere. At which point, you become the bad guy and they the victim.

That idiot Duane (to whome Trotter was responding) is going to have a cow when he sees what Trotter wrote at the end. Serves him right too. I'd have done the same thing were I in Trotter's shoes.

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

That idiot Duane (to whome Trotter was responding) is going to have a cow when he sees what Trotter wrote at the end. Serves him right too. I'd have done the same thing were I in Trotter's shoes.

Amen. I hope that idiot realizes what he's done now. Yea, he's noticed, but now he looks like a total ass to tons of people.

It is a well known fact that PC Gamer is read by many developers (i.e. SC Himself, Carmack, etc.) and that guy just got his ass busted by Trotter.

Serves him right.

This kind of thing doesn't just happen in Game Development either. The other day I had a customer screaming at me about a CD I was mixing for him, I ended threatening to call the company lawyer if he didn't calm down. The guy freaked over the volume being about low. Wasn't like I couldn't fix it, he just started getting angry at me the minute I asked him if he could come in and check the volume before I burned it.

Jesus, some people just need to sit on the john and take a crap.