Do you believe in Derek Smart?

quote:

Originally posted by Race Bannon IV:

Me too! I once saw SC walking on water...course he was trying drown Resnig at the time. ALL HAIL MR SMARTYMAN!!!!!

LOL, that was funny, poor Resnig.

I had to read Apple-Jack Mackenzie's post several times to understand what he was talking about and I'm still not sure. Keep on posting and our brain starts to melt.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh man, it took a silly n00b to bring our quintessential siren out of hiding!!!

Don't tell me you missed my comment in the other post stating you are better looking than Vin Diesel!!!

quote:

Originally posted by echo:

oh man, it took a silly n00b to bring our quintessential siren out of hiding!!!

Don't tell me you missed my comment in the other post stating you are better looking than Vin Diesel!!!

/me swoons

I must have!!! Got link?

quote:

Originally posted by street:

apple-jack seems to have ran off and hid...I think someone spooked him...

go ahead apple, recite your ten pages. I dont think the community is going to crucify you..(well, maybe not yet )

There is no such thing as a Derek Smart. It is really a sophisticated chatbot that was initially programmed to respond "RTFM," "Out the airlock with you", "It's done when it's done, and right now it ain't done," and various profanities about publishers, reviewers, and USENET critics, based on a random number generator seeded by the member number and number of posts by the poster.

Somebody forgot to turn off the chatbot, and it seems to have grown beyond its original programming and has taken over this site. Occasionally it posts gibberish about release candidates and version control, but we just reboot the server and that seems to clear things up for a while. Since we can no longer do anything about it, we've all just learned to love it.

quote:

There is no such thing as a Derek Smart. It is really a sophisticated chatbot that was initially programmed to respond "RTFM," "Out the airlock with you", "It's done when it's done, and right now it ain't done," and various profanities about publishers, reviewers, and USENET critics, based on a random number generator seeded by the member number and number of posts by the poster.

Somebody forgot to turn off the chatbot, and it seems to have grown beyond its original programming and has taken over this site. Occasionally it posts gibberish about release candidates and version control, but we just reboot the server and that seems to clear things up for a while. Since we can no longer do anything about it, we've all just learned to love it.

How much do you charge for an INTACT copy???

• 2 months later...

quote:

Originally posted by Wolferz:

quote:

Originally posted by Fox__Trot:

Programer? SC shouldnt that be insulting since you're really a DEVELOPER I mean anyone can program it's harder to develop..

LOL Fox!

Derek could most definitely be labeled "Developer" but, I'm sure he will tell you that he wrote every line of code for every iteration of the BC series.

Seriously, I don't think any "group" of programmers could create such a fantastic piece of code and make it work the way Derek does.

'nuff said?

True. So true. Id know! Ive been workin on a MMOG

I am. goto eclipsenova.com/SSForum. Its called Project Underworld. Its With Vampires, Werewolfs, stuff like that. I made the idea while watching Blade II for about... hmmm... say the 100th time.

The forum doesnt have the developer notes yet. Just got it up 2 days ago after i lost the WHOLE WEBSITE from a damned hacker. Its being made by a Halo clan im in. I got the idea tho

BTW. Have you seen The Blade III trailer? ITS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO COOL!

Guest Hellbinder[CE]

No.. I do not believe in Derek Smart...

There is some dude posting around here who likes to *THINK* he is Derek Smart. But I happen to know that the "Origional" Derek Smart was abducted by aliens years and years ago...

Something about programing better A.I. for their Smart weapons and Navigation systems... err or something like that.

(Derek Smart.. pulease... some people are so gullable)

Hellbinder, shall I toss you out the air lock? Or shall I leave that for another SC to do

I believe in Derek Smart, primarily because he almost tossed me out that same air lock a year ago...

But.. hmm... maybe that would explain why Derek is considered "Smart" cause he WAS aducted by aliens