Ad/spyware... which programs detect it?

Kalshion

If I posted this in the wrong area.. please let me know

This computer alone costed $2800 and even though it's expensive that doesn't mean nothing can touch it

I use Adaware 6.0

Spysweeper

And Spybot search and destroy

But still most of the spyware I've found on my system come's back after the scan's delete them

Can I get a professional opinion here? What programs can I use that WILL delete this stuff

Did you disable the Microsoft function that puts all those deleted little programs back where they were before you deleted 'em? For WinXP it's called "System Restore" and you can check MS "Help and Support" to find out how to disable it.

What is usually the biggest open door to malware is Internet Explorer. That piece of garbage has more holes then swiss cheese. It automatically installs malware, without telling you.

Also: Popups. 100% malware.

Opera and Firefox are two alternatives to IE, both of which are more secure. I use Firefox, which by default, acts quite similarly to IE, except it's far more secure. Firefox also has some extensions that can rebrand it (Battlecruiser Online: Post A Reply - Mozilla Powersheep), block ads, and a bunch of other stuff.

I don't use opera, so I can't really say much on it.

Also, be wary of what you install. There are LOTS of programs out there that will install spyware on your system. Unsolicited download boxes in IE are a good example of these.

Even with the above, spyware can sometimes overwhelm a system. Which is why I format C: and reinstall windows every few months. I keep windows on a seperate partition from everything else, so malware doesnt get on my other partitions*. If you do re-install windows, making a backup of the registry is a bad idea, because that basically leaves you where you started.

*I have YET to see any malware indicator in Ad-aware, or Spybot on any drive but C:.

Heh, it would be so nice if there were malware scanners for stuff you download, like there are virus scanners.

I use Spyware Nuker and it seems to work pretty good.

I tried Cyberscrub, which doesn't work.

After running the spyware/adware utility in Cyberscrub and Spyware Nuker right after, Nuker finds what Cybersponge missed.

If your on a broadband connection you need to pull the plug on it. Then run your Adaware and Spyboy, then reboot the system, then run your AdAware and Spybot again, then reboot the system again, then plug your broadband connection back in. Many spyware programs are able to reinstall themselves if they can see the Internet. If you make it so the computer can't see the net, you'll usually be able to kill them off though.