Police: Xbox Theft Spurred Fla. Slayings

jamotto

quote:

He was a good kid, he just got with the wrong crowd," said Hunter's father, Dan Washington. "He never seemed to be that type ... that was violent."

What an ignorant son of a b*tch. This story has me so pissed off....and now they are going to make taxpayers pay for attorneys for these bastards? They need to line them up, and shoot out their knees and elbows....I have a long list of other things they can do before they actually kill them but I will keep my anger in check. I hope they get what they deserve...

Calm down Bandus. They are Americans, and do have the right to a trial with lawyers.

This is a really nasty case, even with the lawyers its gonna be open then shut again. All of them are probably going to get the needle for this one; they deserve it. Yesterday Nikes, today Xboxes.

Sad, really sad.

I'm in agreement with Bandus on this one WeeGee

They didn't use common sense to figure out the wrong from the right, there for they should be punished. Not only because of that, but because they murdered people

If these lawyers let these people off scot free, and they murder again, then I'll yell for the LAWYERS to be prosecuted as well as the murderer's themselves

Hehe this is where it gets complicated. A lawyer isn't responsible if they clear a man of charges of murder and then the man kills again. It's a weird thing, but it's the defense attorney's job to defend his client if his client wishes to plead innocent.

Now killing is wrong, but if we torture and/or kill the reputed killer are we better?

I don't expect a clear answer since that's pretty murky, but these guys WILL be seen as gulity since they confessed. That's an attorney's worst nightmare as far as trying to do their job. I'd hate to be placed in their positions.

I truly belive in "an eye for an eye" I have problems with the whole "rights" thing. If you are guilty and say you are guilty then done...you are guilty.

They admitted they are guilty of taking bats and knives to people as they slept. A poor family not 50 miles from me had to provided dental records becasue their daughter was soo badly beaten they can't positively identify her....for a G.D video game?!?

My problem with the "rights" is it takes wayyy too long to long to convict people and wayyy wayyy toooo long to kill the guys on death row. When there is no doubt of guilt it should be faster.

quote:

Originally posted by echo:

They admitted they are guilty of taking bats and knives to people as they slept.

There have been cases where a person has lied and said that they committed the crime when they have not. These four individuals must receive due process of the law. After the courts determine that they are guilty then they can execute them, although that might be too good for them.

quote:

Now killing is wrong, but if we torture and/or kill the reputed killer are we better?

Absolutely. That argument is ridiculous in my humble opinion. I can't stand people saying, "We aren no better than the killer...yada yada yada." BS if ask me. Why? Intent....it's allll about intent....the killers intended to cause pain and death over a video game.....under my belief pain and death should be caused as retribution and punishment for their crime....it's all about intent.

quote:

There have been cases where a person has lied and said that they committed the crime when they have not. These four individuals must receive due process of the law.

I repeat, if they are dumb enough to confess to a crime they didn't commit, then they must suffer the consequences of their stupidity...

quote:

Originally posted by Bandus:

quote:

Absolutely. That argument is ridiculous in my humble opinion. I can't stand people saying, "We aren no better than the killer...yada yada yada." BS if ask me. Why? Intent....it's allll about intent....the killers intended to cause pain and death over a video game.....under my belief pain and death should be caused as retribution and punishment for their crime....it's all about intent.

Then you intend to cause pain, that is not good that people want to cause pain for any reason that is my belief. Now I never said the we are no better because I understand that we cannot allow them to continue to harm others. However I don't know how far we should go to do so. I mean yes and eye for an eye is understandable, but what do you do if a man rapes a women? Do you rape him? Or send him to prision to be raped? I don't think there is a clear answer and it's those who have no doubt of the answer that I'm scared of.

If a man rapes a women....the penalty should be as follows:

You FORCIBLY casterate him. You make him so he can never use his sex organs again in any way, shape or form that would give him pleasure. Then you put him in jail for a very long time....

I have to say, I am very tired of the whole "carebear, criminals have rights" attitudes. In my opinion, if you commit a crime, YOU FORFEIT YOUR RIGHTS. End of story to me. I don't understand why it is such a difficult concept....

quote:

Originally posted by echo:

Don't you think a speedy end to the guilty would deter any inoccents from confessing? I do.

No, I don't think it would deter innocents for the same reason the death penalty is not a deterrent for crime.

quote:

Besides that who are these people?

quote:

The Ochoa case down in Texas is a prime example that occurred very recently, where it was shown through DNA evidence that Chris Ochoa did not commit a very heinous murder that heÔÇÖd pled guilty to.

also this study was done that shows how easy one can get a confession from people Link

I think the death penalty doesn't deter crime stickly becasue we never seem to kill them.

As far as getting innocent people to confess to crimes. i believe the whole system needs to be reviewed and revamped.

The senseless murders over senseless things. Don't kill your wife and claim you were insane, kill yourseld, or better yet get divorced. Don't want your girlfriend cuz she is knocked up, don't kill her, use protection. Think someone stole your Xbox, steal it back or buy a new one.

There have been senseless stupid murders and shooting occuring in Boston as of late, for no reason. Kids are driving down the street shooting. People are again afraid to step foot in the area. Something has to be done. Something extreme, here and everywhere else.

Drop these bastards off on an island full of more animals just like them and let them kill and victimize one another. Make some place for the world to deposit its refuse and let the world keep them all on that island. If anyone starts to assume command and control kill the bastard.

That's justice, removed from civilized society and placed at the mercy of people that like you, were VICTIMIZERS.

If you aren't crazy or retarded and you commit murder one... you go. Others that commit especially heinous crimes can be considered (child rapists, etc.)

NO SOCIETY... no hierarchy that is distinguishable. Anarchy. Hell on Earth.

LOL... sees the look of shock on the faces of the folks reading this. Not very liberal now is it?

If US still had people with backbone and brains none of this would have happened because he would've been executed a long long time ago. But hey, I guess everyone deserves a fair chance right, especially prior convicts who get out of jail after 11 years with records a mile long.