Banned from the Atari boards?

Scrivener

Here's something new/interesting, I just got this e-mail from Atari:

"scrivener, You are being formally notified of banishment from the Atari community for making this post: http://ataricommunity.com/forums/showthrea...116#post5488116 We allow for 15 Total Warning Points and you are now over the limit. This post is classified as Misc. Instant Ban By Admin! The rules and definitions of the above infraction can be found here: http://ataricommunity.com/rules.html Please note that we do not allow for appeals due to the traffic of the board we cannot review each case. Also note that reregistering on the board is not allowed and once we notice you have returned we will remove your access again. We suggest you join a community board for your favorite game that does not maintain as strict of rules. Best Regards, Atari Forums team."

So I guess defending a fun but buggy game is a bannable offense? Uh... ok. Read the post yourself and decide whether that's a bannable offense. I can't even contact Grok to find out what the deal is since I can no longer even send private messages. *shrugs* Not like it's a big loss, I've been boycotting Atari products since TOEE was released and I don't see any sign of that letting up any time soon if this is an idication.

[ 08-26-2004, 12:39 AM: Message edited by: Scrivener ]

Well Scrivener, I can understand why the people at Atari would consider your post offensive especially since you were saying so many bad things about the games they produce....oh and also the fact that you called them all money grubbing whores.

Just a suggestion to you, don't make any comments like that here or you won't even get 15 warning points. You will probably just be banned since I found by observation that Derek Smart doesn't seem to tolerate comments such as that you made about the atari game developers.

I never got a single warning. Ever. That's what stumps me. *shrugs* In other news, I also got banned from the GenMay message boards for 1 week... I posted a risque but funny pic from a russian newscast. I don't think it was THAT bad, especially for genmay. Sheesh.

In order to set a personal all time record of 3 in one day, I've banned myself from my own message boards at GameGestapo.com. This beats my previous record of 2 bans set back in the days of AOL hourly charges. Yay for me! *sarcasm*

BTW - it wasn't about the developers (Troika), it was about the publisher(Atari). And it's true. I believe SC has similar feelings about certain publishers.

[ 08-26-2004, 02:20 AM: Message edited by: Scrivener ]

quote:

Originally posted by Captain Reed:

Well Scrivener, I can understand why the people at Atari would consider your post offensive especially since you were saying so many bad things about the games they produce....oh and also the fact that you called them all money grubbing whores.

Just a suggestion to you, don't make any comments like that here or you won't even get 15 warning points. You will probably just be banned since I found by observation that Derek Smart doesn't seem to tolerate comments such as that you made about the atari game developers.

Indeed.

Scriv, you've been bad. Now go to your room.

Guest Grayfox

quote:

Because Atari is run by money grubbing dollar whores who don't care about the art form of game development.

dammit i love that scriv. i may not agree with you on some things, but dammit all if you dont remind me of me... just speak your mind and dont let anyone try and tell you different.

hooooo-ah

and infogrames... dont get me started on that topic

I wouldn't sweat it Scriv, and I'm sure that you aren't.

Some peeps just can't handle the truth.

Particularly when the truth exposes glaring faults that they are all too aware of, but would rather no one else be made aware of.

It's kinda like watching Roaches scatter when you turn on the kitchen light. They know they are there, but don't want you to see them.