Hurricane Ivan, Here we go again

You poor people.

Man SC, time for the old I-95 shuffle.

FCSTATL2.GIF

This sucks BIG time.

How many times can you guys get hit in a month?

I'll be crossing my fingers for you and hoping it doesn't follow Charlies path, too early to tell exactly where it's going to go, but it sure looks bad.

It is now a Category 5, and that's not cool, this thing is packing a punch.

Ivan passed south of us, only close enough for storm winds. But it was originally headed for us, just went down south at the last moment, it hit grenada instead and they have suffered.

now jamaica's turn. and we in the caribbean don't have underground cables, all power lines on wooden poles still...I mean our tech is up there, t3 this dsl, but it's all above ground.

The people in grenada won't have power for weeks in some parts.

Moved from deleted thread.

quote:

Originally posted by Cruis.In:

Hurricane Ivan has literally destroyed grenada with 9 out of every 10 homes destroyed. No drinking water is available except by possibly contaminated springs.

The prison was destroyed, the priminister's residence, the govenor general's residence.

It is just a waste land with people now.

I've been following that; but they said 9/10 homes damaged. Thats a big difference from destroyed.

And now here comes Jeane, she's forming in the caribean right now, they say that she could become a Hurricane on Wednsday.

Of course it is too soon to know where she's going, so we shall see in a week.

Ugh... Ivan was predicted straight for us two day's ago. We got hit by Frances by the time it was a tropical storm. It managed to leave 28,000 people in our small georgian college town (those of you from Georgia should understand why I used georgian as an adjective in this case) of 33,000 without power. Georgia Power just finally got all the power back up for the people on the outskirts.

Thats Georgia Power for you, take their time and then charge you tons of shit when they don't get it right the first time.

Kinda relieved that Ivan isn't going straight for us, but the local news is saying that we may still get some effect from it.

Dont feel bad, a friend of mine in McDonough GA had his car crushed by a tree. Although not related to these storms--one year a tree next to my house got struck by lightning. It blew the sprinkler system control panel off the wall and blew one of the sprinklers out of the ground.

Jag's picture auto updates. The link will probably die when Ivan peters out.

But he's gonna hit four states at once. Gotta be some kind of record. He is predicted here about noon on the 16th and will probably still be tropical storm strength.

Ya'll had the feeder bands that spawn tornadoes. Hope ya didn't have too many. I'm in a rather sheltered area. I sit in between two ridges so I personally didn't get much. Some of the gusts would come down but the steady winds would blow the neighbors trees while mine stood still.

My power is out though. Some of the trees that didn't survive knocked out power in my subdivision. My parents came through and I'm at their house posting.

Time to watch Survivor. How approriate.