Police use stun gun on 6-year-old boy

Supreme Cmdr

quote:

Originally posted by XOR:

hmm i wonder how many amps a stungun uses...

Three milliamps pulsed at 50,000 volts.

Not enough to kill you, but you might defecate yourself if popped in the right spot.

Soback; You are so correct about the media.

The headline is intended to grab your attention and invoke an emotional response from the reader.

I am quite cetain that the only injury that the little fellow suffered was the self inflicted cuts with the glass. I'm grateful that the police didn't shoot and kill him, which could very well have happened.

This just shows how soft we've all gotten. I grew up in the county, guess how many times I got shocked by electric fences designed to keep full grown bulls away!

Jeez...

Mostly. I still think the cops shocking some dumb kid for trying to kill himself or hurt himself isn't that big a deal, tho.

(aside from the fact that the kid was trying to hurt himself, which is the REAL issue)

In fact, I'm not sure how it was even news worthy.

quote:

Originally posted by Kiran:

This just shows how soft we've all gotten. I grew up in the county, guess how many times I got shocked by electric fences designed to keep full grown bulls away!

Jeez...

LOL Kiran.

When I was young and had no sense

I took a piss on an electric fence

It curled my hair and fried my balls

And made me shit my overalls.

Sorry, I just couldn't resist.

I wasnt there, and do not know EXACTLY what happen...but I do find it sad, a taser was used on a child, when all it would have taken... was for an adult to reach down and grab the kids little arm, or hand to stop him.....really sad....just another example, as to how OVERKILL, has become acceptable in every area of policing people, within this country.

street, how long do you think it would take to kill yourself with a piece of glass? I can think of at least three different ways that take less than a second. He could've pulled it off before an adult got there.

So until I see a video that shows otherwise, I'm working under the assumption that they did the right thing.

I mean, really, do you honestly think they did it for shits and giggles?

"Hey Bob, watch what happens when I hit this kid with a taser!"

-----------------

@Wolferz

LOL

they SAID he was trying to cut his LEG, with a PIECE of GLASS.

EXTREME difference, between someone TRYING to kill oneself, who knows theoretically how... and a 6 year old child, who MIGHT cut his leg, and feel a little pain or get a few stitches, if he actually was faster, smarter, and tougher than a stupid cop..jeesh!

and NO, I dont think they did it for fun,,,,I think that SOME cops are idiots, who NEED more control, supervision, and regulation!!!!

after all, they are NO BETTER mentally, emotionally, or in any other fashion, than any of us citizens, and it is THEIR philosophy, that everyone else is to be controlled, by whatever means necessary, but they themselves are beyond reproach....not MY philosophy, and I will NEVER, overlook an idiot response....even if he IS wearing a badge!!!

quote:

Originally posted by street:

they SAID he was trying to cut his LEG, with a PIECE of GLASS.

EXTREME difference, between someone TRYING to kill oneself, who knows theoretically how... and a 6 year old child, who MIGHT cut his leg, and feel a little pain or get a few stitches, if he actually was faster, smarter, and tougher than a stupid cop..jeesh!

and NO, I dont think they did it for fun,,,,I think that SOME cops are idiots, who NEED more control, supervision, and regulation!!!!

after all, they are NO BETTER mentally, emotionally, or in any other fashion, than any of us citizens, and it is THEIR philosophy, that everyone else is to be controlled, by whatever means necessary, but they themselves are beyond reproach....not MY philosophy, and I will NEVER, overlook an idiot response....even if he IS wearing a badge!!!

1) There are arteries in your leg.

2) I don't trust CNN (or anyone else) to give all the facts or even the correct facts. EVER.

Yellow Journalism went from a faux pas to a way of life. It's disgusting and ridiculous.

In any case, a taser won't do permanent damage to the kid, the piece of glass would.

quote:

1) There are arteries in your leg.

first off, we are talking about a 6 year old...get a grip. If he was close enough to zap him, he was close enough to grab the kid. NOT a police stand off by any means...god have mercy!! can anyone really be so nieve? second off, it wasnt a butcher knife, and even if it were, i fail to comprehend how an adult who can reach out and touch a small child with a stun gun... is such a whimp, he cant grab the knife, or glass, before any real LIFE THREATENING damage could even begin.

IF I couldnt get a piece of glass away from a six year old, without use of a weapon, I wouldnt be much of human being, much less be trusted to PROTECT the public, but of course, we all know that is not what they are there for in this day and age. They are only there to STEAL money from those who make small mistakes within overwhelmingly rediculous amount of laws and violations which being human dictates, will happen.

quote:

2) I don't trust CNN (or anyone else) to give all the facts or even the correct facts. EVER.

Yellow Journalism went from a faux pas to a way of life. It's disgusting and ridiculous.

It is increasingly anoying, to have people keep claiming "ITS YELLOW journalism", unless of course it backs their position, in a discussion...utter rediculous response. If you cant believe THAT part of the story....you cant believe ANY part of the story,,,,why read at all....NOTHING is true....thus no discussion is even relevant...as we know NOTHING, but what is reported anyway.

quote:

In any case, a taser won't do permanent damage to the kid, the piece of glass would.

That statement has NO validity.....unless the cop Knew the entirety of the kids medical condition,...he would have no idea..the child could have just dropped dead...due to birth defects, or many other common medical abnormalities...

pure IGNORANT..to use a stun gun on a child that young...PERIOD. chicken shit, took a chance...because he was too stupid to think things through.

Stun Guns, Pepper spray AND rubber bullets KILL a small percentage ...FACT. HAS happened many times throughout the last 20 years.

Best thing we have for non-lethal control...great for adults...even young adults with proper amount of body weight, muscle and skin thickness..with NO room for medical abnormality.......pure stupidity to use on SIX year old children.

everyone has their own opinion, but I am a real man, who is not afraid of a six year old, and firmly believe, I(as an adult) am perfectly capable of handling such a situation without a WEAPON.

Those are TASORS, and classified as FIREARMS. EVEN MORE rediculous.

I guess it would have been acceptable to put the kids eye out to stop him from cutting his leg...to even take such a chance,,,is DISGUSTING

MELODRAMA? In what respect. Just statements which present COMMON SENSE factual considerations...jeesh

again with the melodrama.

How again is there danger of putting the kid's eye out?

Besides, I bet the incident sticks with him and he'll think about it next time he decides to go on a maniacal self-injury spree.

why dont you check out the specs on those tasors, then you will understand my concern about the child's eyes.

YOU(a citizen) cant even have one, much less shoot an ADULT with one, unless your a cop. I just say it was NOT a rational alternative for dealing with a child THAT young, but extremely easy and efficient for a lazy, moron, whimp, with a badge.

either, they are too dangerous for the public, or they are such a passive device they can be used on 35 lb children.....which is it?

Hey, look at it this way, then: They were just helping the kid out. He wanted pain, they gave him pain.

Seriously, tho. I'm done here. This serves no purpose but to fuel your indignant, melodramatic rage.