Well, its been more than a month since my crash...

Supreme Cmdr

I am only mentioning it now because of a post I just made about Billy Wilson passing away which just shows how sudden and fragile life can be.

I didn't make it public, but I was involved in a car crash on 02-16-05 when some idiot - in rush hour traffic - rearended my 500SL; which the insurance company later totaled two days later.

Naturally, he is in a world of trouble, since FHP wrote him a ticket for reckless driving. At least he had good insurance. Of course that doesn't help me, given that GEICO totaled my classic 500SL and didn't pay me enough to get a new one (these days, the new SL500 roadsters run for $110K incl options) since the GAP had already run out. So, I did what comes naturally. I went and got a new and loaded Iridium Silver SLK350 roadster.

In making my choice, I didn't believe that the SL500 was worth the money, given that for me, it would be a third car that didn't get driven a lot.

The SLK350 ran me close to $65K with everything (GAP, extended warranty, options, blah, blah, blah) and its a nice ride. A lot more comfortable than my buddy's Porche Boxter. Now he wants one too. hehe

[ 03-15-2005, 08:43 AM: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

Good that you didn't get hurt BOSS....nowadays you never know what may happens...

Nice to know we old europeans can do something you like...hehe

I did get hurt. I still have very bad back pains and I'm seeing a chiropractor four times a week now. I had an MRI scan done as well. The problem is that I can't sit at one place for an extended period of time.

As for Europeans, I've always liked German cars. The only non-German cars I've ever owned, were my Ferrari and a Honda CRV (which my BMW X3 replaced) which I bought because I didn't want the over priced X5 and the X3 was not available at the time.

Oh...sorry to hear that....it didn't seems so bad from the pictures....but probably was more than enough to stress neck and back muscles....very painful I might just say.

Best wishes and a speedy recovery.

Beside I never liked German's style in cars; surely high quality products...but it's just their style, so plain and schematic...I might just seem patriotic but I like better italian ones.

Not that I can afford myself to buy that kind of cars.....but I'll stay with my Alfa Romeo 147 and be happy...

[ 03-15-2005, 09:51 AM: Message edited by: DennyMala ]

quote:

Originally posted by nomad:

On the serious side, try to leave open the juridical & medical aspects of your case (specially regarding insurances and/or other claims) as long as you can. Sometimes, unexpected damages or secondary pain may appear years after the initial event. Insurances are particularly inclined to pretend that your pain is of psychosomatic origin, and often deny suitable causal links between your complaints and the injuries. In this case, you will have to seek independent expertises by prestigious doctors and may have to protect your interests in court.

Yep; got all that covered.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Derek

I am very sorry to hear about your accident. Times like that definately do remind you that life is short and unpredictable. I am glad that although you will be going through a lot of discomfort you are sill here. Take care!

Sc you know a few things about me, I been around awwile, so I'll be brief. Sorry about the accident, you know things wouldnt be the same without your acid tongue. Sorry about the ride too, but....DUDE YOU"RE KILLING ME! That Car? You are KILLING ME! As you know from previous posts, I am quite jealous of you. My wife thinks youre hot and THAT CAR!...NOT FAIR!

Since I have bought several of your games I feel I am entitled to part of that car. My estimations indicate I paid for the knob on the sound system, so pony up and send it to Pittsburgh post haste!

All kidding aside I hope you are feelng better and know that your crew around the world have you in our prayers (those of us who do pray)

quote:

Originally posted by Race Bannon IV:

Sc you know a few things about me, I been around awwile, so I'll be brief. Sorry about the accident, you know things wouldnt be the same without your acid tongue. Sorry about the ride too, but....DUDE YOU"RE KILLING ME! That Car? You are KILLING ME! As you know from previous posts, I am quite jealous of you. My wife thinks youre hot and THAT CAR!...NOT FAIR!

Since I have bought several of your games I feel I am entitled to part of that car. My estimations indicate I paid for the knob on the sound system, so pony up and send it to Pittsburgh post haste!

All kidding aside I hope you are feelng better and know that your crew around the world have you in our prayers (those of us who do pray)

ROTFLMAO!!!

Yeah, that SLK350 is really quick. As Josh Holloway from LOST (according to the recent issue of TV Guide, he recently leased one. Same Iridium Silver color as mine), the car is like a bullet. I mean, 0-60 in 5.4 secs!

Anyway, the accident has hampered my progress on UCAWA because I can no longer sit for long periods of time without having pains. I'm going to therapy five times a week now. To the extent that this morning Dreamcatcher and I decided to defer a

few (three actually) features to a subsequent patch. This way, we can go Gold on 04-15 as planned and ship the game on schedule. I will elaborate on which (inconsequential) features didn't make the cut in my upcoming development blog which I intend to write this weekend for publishing on Monday.

"Anyway, the accident has hampered my progress on UCAWA because I can no longer sit for long periods of time without having pains."

pshe, as if you cant code standing up.

slacker

get better chief.

quote:

Originally posted by Tac:

"Anyway, the accident has hampered my progress on UCAWA because I can no longer sit for long periods of time without having pains."

pshe, as if you cant code standing up.

slacker

get better chief.

LMAO!!!! Tac, you're still insane? What happened to all that therapy