MOVING, Finally.....

Yes, I am finally moving out of Gig Harbor, was only planning on being here for 6 months to a year, and have been stuck in this little tiny 900 square foot duplex for 2 and 1/2 FRICKING YEARS!!! ARGH!!

Found a house in Puyallup Washington, 3 bedroom, 2 1/2 bath, fenced yard, parks all around, stores close by, and NO Tacoma Nerrows bridge to fight!!

1900 square feet and a 500 SQ foot Garage!!

YES, gotta love it.

This 900 foot duplex has been getting smaller and smaller, with 3 kids, a wife, a dog, fish, mice and a fricking turtle, it has shrunk and shrunk until I am ready to go postal.....

Moving at the end of May, and am so excited it is UNREAL!!!

Yeah baby, a HUGE room for me and the wife, with our OWN bathroom(YES), a huge room for the girls, a room for the boy, and a garage for me!!! YES!!!

Gotta love it!!

The master closet is bigger then the loft where my computers are now!! This tells you something about the size of house I live in.

OMG, I am SO EXCITED!!!

That sounds awesome here...I'm presently living in a tin-can of an apartment that the bed barely fits into the bedroom, and the livingroom is about the same size as the kitchen (glad I'm the cook here, or wife n I would NEVER get any food prepped )

quote:

Originally posted by Jaguar:

Yeah baby, a HUGE room for me and the wife, with our OWN bathroom(YES),

Great news. As for the bathroom, many a marriage has ended in disaster because of this. Now you never have to worry about whether the toilet seat is up or down when she goes in (why that is such an bloody issue with them I'll never know it goes beyond the psychotic sometimes).

quote:

Originally posted by LostInSpace:

quote:

Yeah baby, a HUGE room for me and the wife, with our OWN bathroom(YES),

Great news. As for the bathroom, many a marriage has ended in disaster because of this. Now you never have to worry about whether the toilet seat is up or down when she goes in (why that is such an bloody issue with them I'll never know it goes beyond the psychotic sometimes).

I grew up in a house of ONLY women, besides myself.

Putting down the seat when I am done is such an ingrained habit, that I don't even realize that I do it.

And what I meant, is that the wife and I, have our own bathroom, the kids now have THEIR own bathroom, so ours won't be trashed all the time, with toothpaste art all over the counter and the mirror, and no more water all over our bathroom floor after they get done with a bath.

quote:

I grew up in a house of ONLY women, besides myself.

Putting down the seat when I am done is such an ingrained habit, that I don't even realize that I do it.

And what I meant, is that the wife and I, have our own bathroom, the kids now have THEIR own bathroom, so ours won't be trashed all the time, with toothpaste art all over the counter and the mirror, and no more water all over our bathroom floor after they get done with a bath.

Oh okay, I guess I read into that the wrong way . Yeah, kids sure do make a mess in them bathrooms don't they.

I am an anarchist when it when it comes to the toilet seat being up or down. I always leave them up. In fact, I sneak into women's bathrooms and put them seats up. Just kidding. Oh no, I just gave myself an idea. I can see it now being chased out of the bathroom by a bunch of women that look like the monty python troop in their drag swiping me with their hand bags.

Great news, Jag.

I go to college (in a dorm) now about 20-sum miles away from the house I lived in for the past 15-16 years (moved there when I was 5 in 1989).

Now my mom is moving back to Philadelphia with my stepdad and I gotta figure out how to stay down here for the next summer. This summer I'll be staying with my sis, but I'm unsure how long that'll last since stuff happens.

How do you feel about going through your old house and figuring out what to keep and what to throw away?

• 2 months later...

I never got to finish this thread with the BAD news.

I was going to rent the house from a friend of mine, but once his parents caught wind of it, they said NO, do NOT rent to your friends, EVER...

So, he changed his mind.

He closed on the house back in May, and has NOT had one bite as far as a renter is concerned.

He is really pissed at himself, BUT, when a door closes, another opens.

Another VERY close friend, realizing that I have a maintenance and home inspection business has decided that I would be the PERFECT partner for the next financial adventure.

My friend coughed up the 200K to buy a HUGE fixer in Downtown Puyallup, 2200 square feet, plus attic, plus shop 2 baths and 5 bedrooms.

HUGE house, my friend is going to pay for ALL materials, I supply all the labor, and pay $1100 a month (rent).

At the end of it, we sell the house, and split the profits 50/50.

Houses of that size are selling for close to 375K right now in that area, $200K for this one, put in 50K plus my labor, turn around and sell it for $400K or so in 2 years, and I walk out with a cool 75K in my pocket.

Not bad, not bad at all, in the meantime I get a HUGE house for my family to live in, and the option to buy my friend out at the end of the 2 years if I want to stay.

Not bad, NOT bad at all.

So, I will soon be moving to Downtown Puyallup, August 1st is the official date, but unofficially, I begin moving in exactly 2 weeks from this Saturday...

• 3 weeks later...

OK, got the packing started BIG time, this little cave is beginning to fill up with boxes, and the new house is starting to fill up with our boxes as well.

I may be off the net for a couple of days as the Cable turns over to the new house, and I get my new computer/craftroom/office together.

I will FINALLY have the room to put my new server together and ONLINE, YES!!!

And of course my ham shack is finally going to be put together again as well.

Can you say 30 foot triband beam sitting on a 40 foot tower? I knew ya could, and my packet machine will go online as well, FINALLY, LOL, and my G5RV multiband dipole will be going up as well.

Now that I have just spoken TOTAL and absolute Greek to most of you, can you tell that I am EXCITED? LOL

from an 875 sq foot duplex to a 1/3 acre lot with a 2200 sq foot house, and a 500 sq foot ATTIC that doesn't count in the 2200... THis is just too killer. AND I GET MY WOODSHOP BACK!! Hurray for my side.

Moving day is this Saturday, but the boxes keep getting packed up, and moved out....

quote:

Now that I have just spoken TOTAL and absolute Greek to most of you, can you tell that I am EXCITED? LOL

Nooooo, go on.

quote:

from an 875 sq foot duplex to a 1/3 acre lot with a 2200 sq foot house, and a 500 sq foot ATTIC that doesn't count in the 2200... THis is just too killer. AND I GET MY WOODSHOP BACK!! Hurray for my side.

Ah, ya show off.

Greek? Someone metioned Greek? Okay, Kudos on your new digs. Good luck with everything. See ya back here shortly.

OH, I forgot, I ALSO FINALLY get to do 160 meters!! LOL

VERY LONG frequency, which of course calls for a VERY LONG antenna. I will now have the room, and my 1500 watt amplifier gets to get on the air as well, I have a 40 amp stand alone circuit just for it!! Hurray for my side...

Hey Jag, when I was stationed at the Puget Sound Naval Shipyard I lived in Port Orchard, not too far from Gig Harbor, and had a shipmate buddy who lived in Puyallup. (How DO you pronounce that, anyway?) Man does it rain alot there! Beautiful summers up there, though! Best of luck with the moving extravaganza! Be careful when you get out to Seattle though... the people are a little liberal...uh, I mean, strange!

Liberal? In Seattle? You don't say...LOL

And it is pronounced Puy, as in PEW, all, as in ALL, up as in UP.

PEWALLUP, Puyallup.

I am going to be right downtown, about 10 miles from downtown Tacoma, and about 15 miles from Ft Lewis.

I can hear artillery from my house, it's pretty cool to me, but then again, my basic training was at Ft Sill... LOL

Now all I need is a few of those Collins Radios that we used for HF and I will be a happy camper.

God, I LOVED THOSE RADIOS!!!

OK, sinc will be very busy tomorrow, I thought that I would post this now.

I will be offline from Friday at noon, to Monday at noon, as my highspeed internet is transferred to my new house, which is fine, because I will be a little busy moving to get online...LOL

SO, if I do not post until then, have a great weekend...

Why I am still online, I have no idea, it should have been off at noon today, but Comcast decided to give me a reprieve I suppose.

Picking up the truck at 8:00 tomorrow morning though, so will be offline until Monday, so will see you guys then.

CYA!!

quote:

Picking up the truck at 8:00 tomorrow morning though, so will be offline until Monday, so will see you guys then.

CYA!!

Wish I could say the same, stopped by the house today and they STILL haven't put in the Carpeting or installed the Electric Meter.

Dammed DR Horton, America's Largest Builder my Ass, America's Largest Screw UP.

Sorry Darkling, that SUCKS big time.

I am BACK online, tech just got done hooking me up, only getting 3.4 Meg Per second, but that'll work for now.

SO, I'M BACK!!!

I got the office ALL set up, and FINALLY have enough room to set up my 22 inch monitor, Hoo YAH!!

Have it set for 1280X960 and it looks like my old 17 inch set for 1024X768.

VERY NICE!! LOL

got the fan going, got the deck with a view of Mount Rainier, and the Jim Beam and Coke by my side.

How much better can it get? LOL

quote:

I got the office ALL set up, and FINALLY have enough room to set up my 22 inch monitor, Hoo YAH!!

Have it set for 1280X960 and it looks like my old 17 inch set for 1024X768.

Oh the humanity, think of the radiation.

Yeah, big monitors are great. Got my 19" usually at 1280x1024. I can see everything in one view.