PCI-e card users,I need help

Wolfheart

I have some problems with my graphic card(leadtek PX6600TD) and I cannot determine if its a hardware or sofware problem(tried installing the card on another system,installing another leadtek PX6600 on my system,tried all official drivers from both nvidia and leadtek-and I uninstalled the drivers properly using drivercleaner-tried changing all relevant bios options,reinstalled windows after a clean format,updated both graphic cards and mobos bios...).The problem ,which is pixellation in some effects, shows itself in UC,swat4,POTC(strange thing is that I had no problem with games like GTA3,manhunt,doom3,down of war..) and no one else using these games seem to have such an issue.Im out of ideas and I think Ill just sell my card and get another one.

Now this is where I need your help;do you have pixellation in earth clouds in UC(or ucAWA demo)?If not whats the graphic card and the driver you're using(in case you forgot to update you sigs )?

Im asking this because I cant try it on another system and I dont want to buy another card and get the same problem.

Thanks.

Yeah, i have the same effect in earth clouds. I have a Leadtek Winfast A6600 GT TDH.. thats the AGP variant. I don't think it is a card problem.. we all know Nvidia drivers are still not perfect.

Hmm... i'll have to go have a look to see what my one looks like. Most of the games I play seem fine to me. been playing morrowind recently just for a change, and even with dx8.1 it seems nice.

I'll pry the wheel clamps of my CC and get it over to earth for a looky tonight.

Little update, i've got exactly the same pixelation with the clouds. Only thing I can think of is that with my resolution of 1280x1024 the image is being stretched to cover that expanded viewing area.

If I understand correctly,the problem is exactly this.

And I dont only see it in games but in windows apps and web pages like this one.Theres heavy pixellation on the right side of tha ad(toxic x700 pro).Can you confirm this?

I tried all available resolutions in UC so I dont think its related to that.

Thanks for looking at it.

The pixellation in the ad is there, because in that part of the ad there is a movie played. .. that's all pixelation i see there. I don't see our problem relating to fast lighting changes as your link to these forums suggest. maybe try enforcing pixel shader v.2 and see how it goes?

It did not help..

and reading this did not help either..

Driver problems were there since 60.72..Nothing changed in 71.89..in 76.41..

I didnt buy this card to get images like this

or like this

So much for "optimizations"..sad really

So I think Ill buy an ATI card if there isnt anyone(using 6600 or 6600gt) not having these problems..

You wanna buy a new card just because the pixel shader gives these "cube" effects in a COUPLE of games and only a handful of places? That's funny.

Seriously, the Geforce shader hardware is more advanced than Ati's.. i would just wait for a driver release.

You're right,I overreacted a bit after reading the article(finding out this issue was always there and never got addressed yet).Perhaps Im unlucky but those "couple of games" are 4 games out of 7 I currently play..

What I dont understand is that geforce 6800 users (using the very same drivers) dont get these problems.I expected performance difference between 6600 and 6800 but not IQ difference.

I hope that you're right and such problems will be solved by new drivers.

Thanks for help.