Microsoft Sells Soul to Satan.

Guest Hellbinder[CE]

Considering that he COULD have banned the words from the actual content itself, but didn't, I think that this is a good thing for the Chinese people. It's a forum that allows them to express themselves without censorship, except in what they call the actual postings themselves. Keep in mind that if the headings of all these sites would have started with things like "FREE China from it's Oppressive Rulers" and such, the entire site would have just been shut down and that would have been that.

So, all of you are badmouthing Bill Gates for being a good businessman and establishing a business within the law of the country where that business is to be conducted, yet you completly ignore the fact that those LAWS are established by the contrys GOVERNMENT for him to follow? ROFL. I guess everyone who makes money is bad, just because he makes money. Where would you all be without Bill Gates, sure as hell not posting on these here boards that's for sure.

To me this should be a conflict of what America and it's buisness economy stands for. If we go to war and send americans over seas to help protect peoples freedoms and liberties (and lets be honest pursue some intrest of benfitto the u.s)...then its kind of a slap in the face for microsft to agree to not use thouse words on sites, its not that far from agreeing with opression and i dont think m-soft is that far gone but it is a non positive statement to me.

quote:

Attempts to input words in Chinese such as "democracy" prompted an error message from the site: "This item contains forbidden speech. Please delete the forbidden speech from this item." Other phrases banned included the Chinese for "demonstration", "democratic movement" and "Taiwan independence".

Gates has no choice if he wants to keep in buisiness for China. Sadly, China's attempt to keep democaracy out and independance out is what caused this, not Bill Gates yielding.