Pot Flavored Loli-Pops

Darkling

quote:

I have some strong disagreement from time to time with things people say, but I don't feel the need to silence them. Life is too short.

this topic may or may not be closed soon. But having a disagreement with something that someone says is fine, as long as what they say isn't utter rubbish.

He just spews forth rubbish. I will never speak of what I have not experienced. And he has no experience with the police himself.

Excuse me if I take it personal when someone bashes my profession in the worst way possible. And my taking it personal isn't getting mad, I'm just defending it.

quote:

These COPS, can't seem to find REAL drug dealers maybe its because THEY are responsible for putting the drugs on the street in the first place...who REALLY knows?)

So, this low life COP meets this woman, at the convienent store, and befriends her. It takes him TWO years of being this woman,s "So Called FRIEND " and to successfully talk her out of TWO pain pills(one each time). Then later; because, they are a freind and claim to have a terrible tooth ache, she GIVES this guy a bottle of her extra pills(containing about 15 pills) he tried to pay her,but she said she didnt need the money. So, he throws a bill on the coffee table and leaves.

10 minutes later, they bust in her door, and she is arrested with the bill as evidence that she is a drug dealer. This is an example of the average STING operation within the DRUG WAR.

She is currantly serving time on 3 felony charges. Two 5-20 year sentences and one 20-99 year sentence for "selling " the partial bottle of pills

this seems like one percent of the story, and this one percent is clearly of itself not true.

If only drug sentences were that stiff for such a small offense, then a lot of narcotics cops would be happy.

quote:

I like street and to be honest it bothers me that he got banned. He adds a lot of color to these forums and you 'd think by now that folks would be used to his "style" and wouldn't take any of it personally.

His "style" involved scathing insults of the worst kind, demeaning and condescending genralizations, downright offensive accusations, incessant antagonism, and constant thread hijacking. I have stopped frequenting other forums because of that particular "style", and I really would prefer it REMAIN prohibited here.

Look, you and I disgree on things, Grizzle. I don't want you banned, though. You make for interesting conversation, and more importantly, you do it respectfully. The only one Street seemed to respect was himself. I honestly hope that when his temp-ban period is up, he returns, but only if he learns to "grow up" and debate as if the other people were not complete and utter idiots.

Cruis-In, I wasn't referring to your specific disagreement. And I understand your point of view, but whether or not street's particular example is true or only half the story, his point is that corruption exists in all areas of our society including law enforcement. When I read posts I try to concentrate on the underlying message and not so much the specific things being said.

Prez, Yes he can be all of those things and he definitely expresses himself passionately. Believe it or not he has actually toned down a bit from when he first began posting. He used to be much more direct. There is another poster here who has the respect of many individuals, myself included (though we rarely agree) I don't think I need to name names, but there have been times when he was equally abusive and condescending though his style is/was a bit more cohesive.

I don't defend street, I just take the point of view that opinions are like as... well, you get the gist

I won't comment anymore on the topic as I don't want to derail the thread further.

As for pot flavored candy, I'm no stranger to the drug, but I don't understand why anyone would want something that tastes like it. Just a gimmick for kids to feel cool by and others to get inflamed about.

grizz, Prez said it better than I.

quote:

His "style" involved scathing insults of the worst kind, demeaning and condescending genralizations, downright offensive accusations, incessant antagonism

I didn't even know he had been banned. Little overnight in the slammer won't do him too bad