The Zwycky tribe is expanding again...

Ben Zwycky

I guess people missed my post in this thread, since it was a little late to the topic, but our efforts to prevent the Czech nation from dying out have succeeded for a third time. The due date is probably sometime around the middle of May, they can't tell very precisely when it'll be because my wife has only had two cycles in the past 18 months, so a pretty miraculous pregnancy, and the timing is perfect, as our youngest will be just under 3 when the new one is born.

Btw, our youngest just had his first game of AWA today, and he was most impressed. We flew to the 'nice big ball' (earth), watched the pretty fire enveloping our 'airplane' (Garid) as we entered the atmosphere (he asked for 'more fire daddy') we landed among the trees and got out, then switched to 3rd person view and watched the 'man walking and running', and then 'flying in the sky' (with his jetpack). Not bad for a two-year-old, eh?

Hey Ben, Congratulations!

Those babies truly are little miricales every time

Now dont think your son will get easy treatment in boot camp, just because his dad runs ISS Fleet. He will have to pass command school just like everyone else

Still, if he is as good a tactician as his "old man", the other fleets will be in serious trouble

Maybe next time you can teach him how to attack gamulans?

Guest Remo Williams

Cool Ben thats excellent news! Enjoy them why you can I just helped my youngest get her own apartment about 3 months ago its like a ghost town around here now with them all gone.

I enjoy them every day- I specifically changed profession to one I could do at home (from teaching to translating/proof-reading) to maximise the time I can spend with them. Sometimes it means we're a little short on finances, but it's worth every extra minute, and both the boys are benefitting enormously.

Don't I know it

We're sort of planning on four eventually, since with three, one will usually get left out. THen again, we don't know whether a fourth will ever come, since all three pregnancies so far were against the odds, according to the doctors.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

OK, wife's going into hospital tomorrow to have birth induced, so depending on how long that takes to start (could be up to a couple of days), I'll be home alone with the two young'uns for a good few days (at least 5 in this system), though friends, relatives and neighbours have offered to help me out by taking them off my hands for an hour or so so I can get something done (or just have a break).

We're well stocked up with forzen meals, so it shouldn't be too bad (We're getting good at this ) If I'm a little less available over the next couple of weeks, that'll be the reason.

God bless you all, he's about to bless me in a very special way

OK, the induction process is well underway, contractions have started and the amniotic sac has been pierced. I'm off to the hospital for a daytime birth, for a change Catch you later, guys

Samuel entered the world happy and healthy at 3.9 kg and 50cm, it was over pretty quickly (a little over four hours after the induction process started), she got a local block to take the edge off the pain and then it only took two big pushes to get him out, mum is now resting and I'm getting ready to go and pick up the boys from grandma's house. I'll be taking my camera with me tomorrow (if I remember ) and trying to take some pics for you guys to look at.

Later now,

quote:

Originally posted by Ben Zwycky:

the birthing part isn't so much fun (especially for my wife) but kids are GREAT!

The birthing part is indeed NOT much fun, my wife had 40 hours of labor, NOT fun at all, she just made up for the 3 4 hour labor and deliveries she had before.

The kids are wonderful, but I do sometimes wish the boy had been a girl. The boy is the biggest trial for me.

The little bastage climbed out a window and onto the roof today, STARK ASSED NAKED!!!

The neighbors were freaking out, my wife and I had put a movie on for them, the 10 year old is at Girl scout camp, so my 5 year old and he were watching a movie, and we got in the shower, with the baby in a bouncy seat in the bathroom, when my 5 year old came in screaming that Aric was on the roof.

I was absolutely BALLISTIC!!!

He is a trial and a half, oh, what I wouldn't do to change that Chromosome sometimes...