4-Year-Old Girl Denied Santa Visit For Not Buying Photo

jamotto

Link

quote:

A mall in Massachusetts issued an apology after a 4-year-old girl was apparently told she was not allowed to sit on Santa’s lap unless she purchased a $21 picture of the meeting, according to a Local 6 News report.

Maria Grigorian said she took her daughter, Michelle, to the North Shore Mall in Peabody to visit Santa Claus.

According to Local 6, when the 4-year-old got to the front of the line, she was not allowed to sit on Santa’s lap because her mother did not have cash to pay for the picture.

Grigorian said the least expensive photo offered was $21.

“I am a single mom and don’t have that money right now,” Grigorian said.

Michele was so upset over the incident that she burst into tears and left with her mother.

“To see her crying and saying, ‘Mommy I just want to tell Santa what I want for Christmas,’” Grigorian said. “I was heartbroken, totally heartbroken.”

An official with the Northshore Mall has apologized and said a meeting with Santa is free of charge.

21 Bucks, what a rip off. How is it that they are not undercut by some fat guy with a tent down the block. Unless the government now regulates how fluffy Santas beard should be and how many inches around the waist, I don't see ANY reason why there shouldn't be pictures with Santas for $5.

On another note. Those people were just idiots. It's the syndrome of people who give you this at casheirs check out when you are trying to buy something for $1.99 and it they can't find the price "I can't do anything, I am not allowed to take that $5, and sell you this" Makes you want to smack them and say "USE YOUR BRAINS".

It's just some minions that get paid minimum wage, they are like robots, who stand there and were told to sell pictures with Santa, so when a child just wants to sit on the lap, their brains just can't make the decission to over-ride or take the initiative to say, "Hey, no problem". The same ones that have to run to the manager for every little question. There's a reason why they get paid minimum wage. Any normal person would just let her go sit on the lap and disregard "When the child sits, take a picture" from the company elf rule book. And if the manager didn't like you doing that, you should be smart enough to explain to him that $21 is not worth the publicity and the ruckus of refusing the child a Santa visit, and if the manager is still an a...., well guess what, you go to his manager, and you just got yourself a raise and a higher position. What a bunch of morons, maybe they are just better off on wellfare out of everyones way, then at least I won't have to put up with them at the check out registers, and children won't be finding them at the end of "sit on Santas lap" lines.

Pictures have become a huge ripoff. My mall lets you go up and talk to Santa free with no picture or get a picture. Where the town mentioned isn't an extremely affluent area I am surprised they would do such a thing.

• 1 month later...

That is really mean that they did that- BUT IT'S FREAKIN HILARIOUS!!!!

(sorry, I just got this picture in my head of a fat santa advertising pictures to little kids

and then kicking them out the door when they dont buy any)