computer help

Cruis.In

ok looking at my processes, I am wondering if this is normal, some entries are duplicated.

http://planet.angelfire.com/planet/cruis/

you can click on the screenshot in the lower right, or email me for a shot.

I scrolled the processes and took a snapshot each time, I am more concerned about the "stuart" processes duplicated than the system or local ones. But things like CLI.EXE, RUNDLL, ASHSERV

I do not have that many things running in the task bar. Only like 5 programs.

Also why the need for so many SVCHOST

Guest Grayfox

http://www.processlibrary.com/directory/s/

hopefully that helps explain about the processes. i checked it out and it made sense to me, but i dont translate well, so you would prolly do better looking at it yourself.

on the whole, yours looks similar to mine... except you have more programs running in the background than i do. but not that many more

i did notice one of your processes is ashserv... you use avast? just curious.

ok thanks guys, just curious, also my cpu usage is 0 percent when its idle, so nothing seems to be running I don't know of.

Grayfox, yes I am using AVAST, I was watching a tech video one time and one of the "experts" recommended it as possibly the best free anti virus, so far I have not been disappointed, it's blocked viruses, exploits everything... slows down system start up of windows a bit because it scans about 600 files on startup, basically anything and everything you open. But it's ok once windows has started, and I turn it off just to be sure before playing any games.

But it's better than norton to me, norton never told me when I was downloading a file BEFORE it finished downloading, that it was a virus.

Guest Grayfox

yeah i love avast too... best thing since individually wrapped cheese slices. ill be out there looking for different programs and such and that loud ass siren goes off telling me theres an exploit in the program or on the web page itself... and its free. cant get much better than that.

i do run it in the background with certain games i play online in a room type environment like the msn zone, or the gamespot zone and i really dont have any problems at all.