Here we go Steelers!

Kevin Trotter

I know this means nothing to a good deal of our international brothers and sisters, but my beloved Steelers are in the Super Bowl! It has been 10 years since our last visit and after we lost that one I was depressed for weeks. that depression was nothing compared to the elation i felt after our drubbing of the Denver Broncos

40,000 turned out for pep rally at Heinz field

and this town has a serious case of Black and gold fever!

If there are any Seahawk fans who wish a freindly non monetary wager I am open to it through PM. Until Then...Here we go Steelers, here we go!

All I can say is, I cannot wait til this thing is over my fiance (born and bread in PA) has been wearing nothing but Steelers shirts for 2 weeks!!! I guess I should be happy it's not the same one!

I remember, was it last year?, when they were beat in the playoffs he was depressed for weeks!

Steelers fans are definatley an odd bunch! He came home form work yesterday with a Stellers cake someone backed him.

They certainly stand out around here too. You don't see much black and gold in the land of the Sox and the Pats. I can't even count the Bruins anymore, mabey next season.

Personally I just watch for the commercials.

Pretty good game - but what awful refereeing. The holding call that called back the pass to the one-yard line was atrocious. If that's what constitutes holding, than holding could be called on just about every lineman on every play.

I agree that the reviewed Steelers TD was legit. But I can't swallow the offensive pass interference penalty that cancelled out the Seahaks first TD. My God, if that was a push, I'm Mike Holmgren.

One of the reasons I'm not near the football fan I used to be is because of what a dominant force then ref's end up being in virtually every big game. I want to see a game won or lost by the players and not significantly impacted by the refs.

I'm in no way a huge Seahawks fan, though admittedly I used to follow them when I lived in Port Orchard, Washington. I actually favored the Steelers by a hair after the first half.

Any way you slice it, bad ref calls aside, it seems clear that the Steelers deseved to win. Congrats.

Oh, and RACE BANNON IS MY DADDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

/music on

Here we go, Steelers, heeere we go...

Pittsburgh WON the Suuuuuperbowl!

Sorry Jag. I'll say this, the Seahawks put up a really good fight. I was really fearful all first half and didn't think the Steelers were actually, really going to win until there were maybe 6 minutes left to the whole game.

Rematch next year?

• 3 weeks later...

I live in Seattle, about 4 miles from the stadium (I can see Safeco Feld and Qwest Field from my living room) .

It was a good game, but I didn't know we were playing against the referees too. Ah well, if Shaun Alexander resigns with the Seahawks, we'll be back again next year.

For those who didn't catch the game:

Referees 21

Seahawks 10