Scenes From the MySpace Backlash

Supreme Cmdr

My mother is the Director Of Technology for an all-girls Catholic high school. She has been on the local news here about MySpace stating the danger her school faces. She is holding a parents meeting about this dangerous site as 27 girls from the school have profiles on there stating their name, age, location, where they hang out after school, etc. It's a very dangerous site for teens who don't think before filling out their profiles. Parents be warned. This site is heaven for those predators we all are afraid for our children to encounter. They need to shut this place down or set up some kind of age verification system and make it 18 and over.

I would have disagree. Given that such events that most parents are worried over happen less due to MySpace than they do in any other location with similar numbers, there's little reson to ask for the website to be shut down. Furthermore education and parents warning their children of the dangers should help prevent the ability of predators of abducting or seducing the users.

Guest Grayfox

you know if parents would only keep track of their kids instead of using the computer or the tv as a babysitter... im personally not worried about my child for one reason, i have already talked to him about sexual predators extensively, and when he finally does get to the age of internet surfing/chatrooms ill integrate the teachings to include those areas as well. i mean hes 9 and he knows what to do... im glad to say i take an active roll in my sons life without acting like a bible thumping member of the gestappo.

like the article said, its something new every generation. 80's heavy metal was the anti christ with the famous "subliminal messages" to kill your family... 90's was rap and hip hop with the famous "kill the po-lice" lines, and myspace along with internet chatrooms/webpages is the new anti christ for this decade.