2 F2 twisters set down in spfld, il

Guest Grayfox

Guest Grayfox

now this is as close to death as ive ever been. just had to happen when i had company over too. about 830pm or so sunday night, we had one HELL of a storm roll in. the storm (the national weather service said) was bad enough to create about a hundred tornadoes... two of which set down in springfield.

this town is backwards enough without this crap ass emergency system we have. we didnt even hear the tornado siren... i figured when the brick bldg we were in started vibrating, and the power went out, it was time to go into the basement. the trip from the second story down to the basement was about the longest trip ive ever taken... i had my friends and my son latch on to me and i basically carried them all down the stairs with the wind moving me around like i was made of paper. im getting pelted in the face by hail and debris, and i juuuuuust happen to look off to the west thru the lightning, and i see one of the funnel clouds about half a mile off tear assing thru a neighborhood... scariest moment of my life. getting shot at doesnt even hold a candle to seeing a twister that close up...

well needless to say 2 days without power is about as bad as we got it in my neighborhood. but id rather put up with a fridge full of spoiled food, then putting up with being homeless... some of these poor bastards had their houses completely carried off, or had power poles shoved thru them. my boy and i have been out with the cleanup crews for 2 days helping cleanup (beats sitting around being bored), and even though i dont like the people in this town, i couldnt just sit by and do nothing. felt the same way when katrina hit... i couldnt sit around and do nothing...

whew... anyways one more thing to add to my "scariest shit that ever happened" list

Well, I'm glad you're ok and for all other lucky shots people around may have got.

Sorry for who god a bad hand, this is something you can't face whatever you do to prevent; mother nature is way too powerful.

Guest Grayfox

lol thx all. i think the worst part was not having power... no heat, no fridge, nothing... and it had to drop below 20 the night after the power went out... nothing hit the center of the center of the city... just the east side and west side... tore it up pretty good too.

other than that, the boys pretty good. hes glad he doesnt have school for a few days