Wife may be having the baby tonight!!!!

Hurray!!!

The wife just called from the hospital, and she is having contractions that are 7 minutes apart!!

So, after the doctor gives her, her exam, she will call and let me know if she is dilated.

If she is, I have less then 2 hours to get to Seattle from Puyallup!! LOL

So the eldest daughter and I will be hopping in the car, Grandma will take care of the youngest 2, and we will be off to watch my latest, and last, baby be born.

So, just wanted to let you all know....

Let you know if it happens and what the baby is in the morning.

Good night!!!

Guest Grayfox

good news! glad for ya jag.

although i think they should change the definition of the term "virility" and place your photo next to it whats this make now? 4?

congratulations pappy

Umm.... what does this make now? Three babies?

Your wife is working over-time Jagaur

Anyway! I hope there aren't any complications! And if he/she is born, then congraduations! =D

Lauren Victoria was born this evening, the 13th of April at 7:04 PM. She weighed in at 6 pounds 13 OZ, and was 5 weeks early.

She is in the infant ICU right now due to her low blood sugar, her body was making an overdose of insulin to make up for all the sugar she was getting from mom, who had gestational diabetes.

They are hoping to get her blood sugar level under control in the next 2 days.

She is VERY strong, and VERY healthy, and VERY big, besides her blood sugar.

She took to suckling immediately, and nursed until they ran her off to ICU.

Wife is doing well, blood pressure is now coming down to normal, and her blood sugar levels should level off at about the same time Laurens does.

My wife had 40 FRICKING hours of labor, we have NEVER, and I mean NEVER had this problem, and they finally had to tear the amniotic sack to get her to dialate completely.

It was a nightmare, and I am EXHAUSTED with ALL capitol letters.

So, you all have a good night, and I will respond sometime tomorrow, lord knows when, running on caffiene, nicotine, and andrenaline.

GOOD NIGHT!! LOL

OBTW, it does indeed make 4 kids, Morgan Alexandra, who is 10, Lindsey Brianna, who is 5, and Aric Kincaid, who is 3, and now of course Lauren Victoria, who of couse is 4 hours and 26 minutes old, and sitting in Infant ICU, makes me sad.....

Freaky... 7:04 pm is the exact time I was born...

Freaky.. freaky.. freaky..

Anyway, congratz Jaguar, I'm sure the little guy will pull through

As for the count.. wow.. but I'm curious.. are you listing there middle names? Or last? (stupid question I know)

Congrats, Jag! The little one will still be in my prayers. Being premature isn't nearly so much of a problem as it used to be, ICU care has improved so much in the last few decades it's insane (My mum is a consultant anaesthetist and regularly works in ICU). With fetal induced diabetes, the amniotic sac ages a lot faster, so it's better to be early. (over here, they artificially induce birth on the predicted date)

My wife's fetal induced diabetes has been confirmed, though it's not extreme, so she has to report to a doctor three times a week (nothing compared to what your wife went through), and after she translats at a conference in a week's time, she says she'll be climbing stairs and lifting heavy loads to try and induce labour herself

Wife is doing great, blood pressure is now down into normal territory, and her blood sugar levels are dropping, they are not going to give her any more insulin.

Lauren is doing better, but it will take a couple of days to wean her off the Sugar IV and back under her own control, other then that, she's the healthiest kiddo in the Infant ICU, not saying much I am afraid, because some of those babies are really sick.

Anyway, she is doing OK, and the wife is great.

Now I have to take my older 3 out on a shopping trip for a new carseat....ARGH!!

I wish my wife could be with me, but oh well, I'll probably buy that fancy leather Harley carseat I saw the other day, wife will probably kill me..LOL

Just kidding, but it might be fun just to see her reaction, she'd NEVER trust me out by myself again...

Yahoo!!!

I get to bring them both home tomorrow!! YES!!!

Lauren is doing great, she is keeping her blood sugars balanced all by herself, and she is a healthy little Girl.

Jennifer is doing fine as well, her blood pressure in the normal range, and her blood sugar has returned to normal as well.

They tried to discharge her tonight, and send her home, I was having NONE of it, I told them if they were going to release Jennifer, they had better be ready to release Lauren as well.

They quit arguing and just kept Jennifer...LOL

Pissed off Jaguar Daddy is NOTHING to fool around with.....

hey Jag, congrats again. My baby had a problem with the sugar too, and was kept for 2 days in the ICU, boy he really missed his mum, afterwards he would not sleep in the crib and the nurse had to keep coming to bring him out to my wife, so they broke hospital rules and let him sleep next to her. he was 11 pounds so I think they think he was tough

Anyway for me as a first time father i drilled the doctor about the blood sugar thing and he kept reassuring me it was a normal thing and happens to alot of babies.

CONgrats again!

Having my 4 children is WONDERFUL, not quite an army, but it's good...

Went to get them out today, and the doctors and nurses were a royal pain in the ass.

Carseat test? WTF is a carseat test, then after she "passed" the carseat test, they wanted to see us put her in her carseat, THEN, I had to take her out of the ICU IN her carseat, by this time, I was ready to kill somebody.

Excuse me, I have 4 children, this is NOT my first, I do KNOW what I am doing. This "to the lowest common denominator" just pisses me off NO end. It's like zero tolerance, there is NO common sense involved AT ALL!!

Then they say, your baby is a little jaudiced, we want to take a blood test? WTF? She's a little yellow, so what? ALL of my children, except the son have been a bit jaudiced, and both the other girls were FAR more yellow then she was. I don't think so, scare tactic time, but she's jaundiced, she may have a liver problem... BS, I will take her outside, give her a little sun, and she will be fine. Oh, no, you can't do that, she might get sunburn, WHAT!!!! Now I am getting ballistic....

Now, she's JUST fine, just as I knew she would be...

Then, they asked my wife to have her blood pressure checked before we left the building, OK, so, I get there at 10, FINALLY get Lauren out at noon, then we go back to check Jennifers blood pressure, and it is 147 over 88...

They start talking about seizures, and crap like that, trying to scare us to death, then they change cuffs and 5 minutes later it is 117 over 76..

They decide the lower is a fluke, so keep her in another room, test her again, 120 over 80, see, it's going up, we had better keep her....

BS, I am NOT going home with 4 kids and NO wife, they say, hey, you don't want her to have a seizure when you get home....

By now I am REALLY BALLISTIC, my 3 year old is about at his limit, my 10 year old is being an absolute DOLL, and my 5 year old is being right in between. Lauren is in a sling on my tummy, and everyone is oohing and awing, and my blood pressure is going through the roof because they won't let my wife go.

I finally went up to the doctor, and said, "hey, I appreciate your professional paranoia, but it is getting REAL old, REAL fast.....

117 over 70 was the last reading, you have ONE last shot, if it is in the 140 over 90 range, she stays, if it is lower, I am yanking her out of her, whether you like it or not.

Then she started in with her scare tactics again.

Took it again, 115 over 68...

I said, OK, that's it, we are OUTTA here, give me the damned release forms.

By this time it is 3:00 PM....

I am ROYALLY ballistic, and then the doctor hits me with, well, you need to bring her in tomorrow, 45 mile drive, starting a new job on Tuesday, goona take my whole day so these yahoos can try and get her back INTO the hospital.

The wifes blood pressure goes up just thinking about that place.

I told them to forget it, we were outta there, and were STAYING outta there.

I will have her checked by a local nurse, and if her blood pressure goes up, she will take more of her meds and go to bed, but she is NOT going into the hospital AGAIN, she is staying home....

I was tired, I was pissed, and I was just DOWNRIGHT tired of their BS.

Paranoia is one thing, but that was just INSANE!!!

Not to make light of your ordeal...

But it's a good thing they didn't want you to spell "Jaundiced"

Nearly every premmie is jaundiced until their little liver gets to working full time. It will pass.

I don't wonder at you being pissed off. I would be too. I'm inclined to think that all they want is to suck on your insurance company's money tit.

{edited four spelling)

I can't believe I forgot the N in BOTH of those, OMG, I must been really out of it last night...LOL

I am EXHAUSTED today, the baby and my wife and I are getting to know each other, soon we will figure out what the baby needs at night, so we will all be getting rest.

When they tell you to train the baby to YOUR habits, forget it, it takes 10 times longer, and the baby hates it.

Train yourself to the baby, and all of you will be much happier and get a LOT more sleep.

It is gonna take a couple of more nights, but we got a good feeling for what she needs and wants at night, and are figuring out how to be able to do it and get sleep and be comfortable ourselves.

There is nothing like having a newborn baby asleep on your chest... NOTHING...

Good job well done Jaq. Jag's wife, "What do you mean!? I'm the one who did all the work noob!"

As for the hospital, yeah that was kind of uber paranoia in their part. Do you happen to know how often the pediatric department gets sued. That could be another reason other than soaking the insurance companies.

You may find this interesting:

Home Finder: Most the 4,500 doctors licensed in Nevada have never been sued, public records show. The state has some of the most stringent doctor licensing requirements in the nation, and even critics of the Nevada Board of Medical Examiners agree that Nevada has some of the best physicians in the country.

We had another little girl Monday afternoon and took her out home on Tuesday. They had us put her in her car seat and checked to make sure she was fastened in properly. They did the same thing to our first daughter a year ago. I'm sure 99% of the time the parents fasten the child in properly, but I think I would prefer them to check everybody so they can catch that 1% that is going to mess it up and put their child in danger. If they make sure the child is fastened in properly, then they have a better chance of avoiding a lawsuit if the child get injured on the way home due to a carseat that is used improperly.

But back on topic......Congrats again