Hmmmmm

echo

Well I was sifting through this area (which I love since I don't get to see too many movies, and it helps me decide what to rent) and I noticed something. I watched a movie this weekend and was curious to see what you all thought of it. I can't find any mention of it.

Now we all know sometimes it's me and I can't find my way out of a paper bag sometimes, nevermind and old thread, but I was more curious.

Did no one see it, is it too controversial to mention, or do guys just not discuss this

movie?

Anyway everyone I had heard from prior to seeing it said it was a great love story. I disagree, it was a great representation of how it was in the 70's and 80's but those two had no chemistry to speak of.

Then there were 2 of the funniest scenes ever but I am not sure if I can mention them.

But really did anyone see it?

xoxoxo

uhm, wow. Not only did you actually CREATE a topic, you actually made a post that is more than four lines long!!!!

Echo, are you getting braver in your old age or is it just me?

/me runs while ducking

ps: what was the name of the movie btw? I love mysterious posts!!

quote:

Originally posted by echo:

Well I was sifting through this area (which I love since I don't get to see too many movies, and it helps me decide what to rent) and I noticed something. I watched a movie this weekend and was curious to see what you all thought of it. I can't find any mention of it.

Now we all know sometimes it's me and I can't find my way out of a paper bag sometimes, nevermind and old thread, but I was more curious.

Did no one see it, is it too controversial to mention, or do guys just not discuss this

movie?

Anyway everyone I had heard from prior to seeing it said it was a great love story. I disagree, it was a great representation of how it was in the 70's and 80's but those two had no chemistry to speak of.

Then there were 2 of the funniest scenes ever but I am not sure if I can mention them.

But really did anyone see it?

xoxoxo

This is a very cryptic thread. Are you sure you aren't caught up in the Da Vinci code frenzy.

Pretty much no one discusses this movie as much as makes fun of it. Rightly deserved too. Just another movie with a political agenda motive is all it is.

One word: Hollywood.

I'm secure enough in being secure in my masculinity to say that I outright refused my wife's request that I watch this movie with her. She told me that it would be alright; that it was just a love story... blah... blah...

To which I explained that just because a man is uncomfortable with watching a love story about homosexualty, it doesn't mean he's homophobic, or a bigot, or whatever...

How many men do YOU know that watches a LOVE story, PERIOD?

The last "love" story I was witness to was Sleepless in Seattle. Let's just say, "Sleepless" no more.

quote:

Originally posted by echo:

Ok..Ok... I said it might be me and my inability to find things!

..uhm, yeah

quote:

Originally posted by aramike:

I'm secure enough in being secure in my masculinity to say that I outright refused my wife's request that I watch this movie with her. She told me that it would be alright; that it was just a love story... blah... blah...

To which I explained that just because a man is uncomfortable with watching a love story about homosexualty, it doesn't mean he's homophobic, or a bigot, or whatever...

How many men do YOU know that watches a LOVE story, PERIOD?

The last "love" story I was witness to was Sleepless in Seattle. Let's just say, "Sleepless" no more.

I absolutely agree. Which is why I didn't - and don't intend to - watch it. Love stories are one thing. Homosexual love stories are clearly another.

For the record, I'm not homophobic in any way, shape or form and could care less about someone's sexual orientation; especially since it is purely based on one's genetic makeup and which you can't hold against them.