Marine kills robber in self defense

Cruis.In

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

He should've killed ALL of them. Too bad he didn't pick up the shotgun powerup. He's probably not a Doom player.

HAHAHA! Yeah, but getting knifed is so much more humiliating.

Hmmmm

They attacked a marine?

Talk about stupid, oh well... considering the number of idiots are are graduating out of high school these years it's no surprise

To bad he didn't kill them all....

quote:

Originally posted by $iLk:

The sad thing is having to live with taking another life... he tried very hard to avoid it from what I've read.

Yeah, and even with all the training Marines get to help them deal and cope with taking a life, it doesn't ever prepare them for killing a 17 year old girl in self defense. They always expect to be killing the enemy. The enemy that is hammered into their brain before they go to action.

Tasteless jokes aside, it really is sad, but I think in the end its going to send a chilling realization to some criminals, especially those who survived this incident.

@Kalshion - I don't think they knew he was a marine. Most likely he was in civvies.

yeah they didn't know, good that it wasn't some helpless person.

I killed someone while working under cover in similar circumstances. they tried to rob me thinking that I was a tourist, and I turned out to be an armed tourist.

Anyway living with it isn't easy as you said, and having thought about it all this time, i always tell people it is because of how you are raised. if you raised in a peaceful society, and taught killing is horribly wrong... then it would obviously affect you more than if you grew up in Palestine or somewhere of that effect. they grow in violence so it afects them diifferently.

we all have the ability to become un feeling in regards to such matters.

quote:

@Kalshion - I don't think they knew he was a marine. Most likely he was in civvies

Still no excuse

There isn't a reason in the world you should be attacking someone you don't know, espically when you haven't a clue what they could be packing.. weather it be military training... or martial arts and weapons training

I myself train with bladed weapons, I always have a combat knife on me where-ever I go (even to the mall, the air port is the ONLY place I don't carry it with me because of those metal detectors)

As back, I have a taser just in case I'm not in the mood to use my knife (I have my own quote - "If you attack me, then you obviously don't want to live.")

Still though.. a seventeen year old girl? Jesus Christ almighty.... her parents obviously never taught her right from wrong... *shakes head*