Derek Smart is in Wikipedia

Joel Schultz

Wow, SC, you're famous!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Derek_Smart

Please note that the linked article does not conform to Wikipedia's "neutral point of view" standard and has been nominated for editing to fix this. I point this out now because there does seem to be a slight negative bias in my opinion.

I still thought this post-worthy nonetheless -- how many people do you think get a Wikipedia entry for themselves, after all? Heh, maybe someone around here is a Wikipedia member author who might want to assist on bringing it to NPOV.

heh, that's been on there for quite a while now. If you look at the edit history, you'll see that there's been a virtual tug-of-war in edits. The detractors go there, post a bunch of crap. Then someone comes along and removes it. Rinse. Repeat.

• 3 weeks later...

I think Derek should pay homage to Shirley.

The next BC game should have some rabid, unarmed, stupid transport going around sending communications to any passing player.

SHIIIRLEEEYYYYHHHH!!! (in the tone of the WASSSAAAAAAP commercials)

Wikipedia is great for finding information on anything that relates to people and places that no one cares about. For anything else - there are gaping holes in reliability.

The good news is: Wikipedia is about as accurate as most encyclopedias according to studies that have been done - at least in terms of research topics. In terms of finding information on current events - forget it for the most part until controversy cools down.

I'm honestly surprised you haven't already. None of these disputes can really amount to any good in the end, can they?

There are so many people trying to drive a negative bias into that article its sickening.

I've lost a lot of respect for Wikipedia's staff over the past few months. It seems to me that they kind of pick and choose where their rules should be followed or not.

This is no exception. There have been several bias violations on the Derek Smart page they've refused to do anything about.