Crocodile hunter Steve Irwin dies

Guest Grayfox

Keep an eye on the Discovery/Animal Planet site. They will be posting links for donations if anyone cares to, I know I will.

If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity, you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow men. - St.Francis of Assisi

quote:

Originally posted by bc1328:

Donations for what? Their bank account is bigger then yours will ever be.

Many people will wish to send condolences to the family. This is usually requested by the family, to be in the form of a donation to a worthy cause, since they are definitely not destitute. In Mr Irwin's case, it'll probably be for wildlife conservation.

Guest HorseloverFat

I thought it was cool that the P.M. offered a State funeral.

But the family chose not to accept.

And I agree with Grizzle & Wolferz on donations.

We are quickly trashing this planet.

quote:

Originally posted by HorseloverFat:

I thought it was cool that the P.M. offered a State funeral.

But the family chose not to accept.

And I agree with Grizzle & Wolferz on donations.

We are quickly trashing this planet.

We are NOT trashing the planet, good grief....

Steve Irwin was a true conservationist, he believed in what he was doing and had a genuine love for the animlas he dealt with.

But, his main thrust was to educate the public about animals, not have government create a bunch of regulations.

He believed that the people themselves and owners of property were and are the true conservationists, and can do far more to protect the animals on their property then any government thought of doing.

His goal was educating people about the animals, and instill his love for them into all of us. NOT force it on us via government.

Which is another reason I am going to really miss that crazy Aussie...