Ok dudes..

Guest HorseloverFat

Guest HorseloverFat

Let's ignore politics.

The simple truth is 'the world is going to hell in a handbasket'.

Check the news, all kinds of irrational things happening.

How do we fix it?

Or can we?

Unfortunately, the smart people on the forum were banned.

Ideas?

[ 10-03-2006, 10:02 PM: Message edited by: HorseloverFat ]

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by HorseloverFat:

So what can we deduce from the the combination of the above sentence and the fact you're still able to post here?????

(sorry, couldn't resist )

Guest HorseloverFat

That I am not so smart.

Which I totally agree with.

But let's try to fix this insane place.

I know...I know just a left wing 'nut job'.

Who read too much science fiction.

Maybe.

Guest HorseloverFat

The right wingers on this forum simply could not deal with 'Nomad'.

Probably one of the smartest individuals to post on this forum.

I did a little research from some of his old posts:

"Soviet tanks" and "Soviet Gunships".

Draw you own conclusions.

I'm thinking Czeck Republic.

But that's just a guess.

The Forum is lacking an important individual.

We all lose out.

Now I'd love us to be able to just pull back and go isolationist again but the world is too entwined for us to pull that off successfully so I think we just need to wait put pressure on our enemies and not try to "fix" thats not looking to be our problem. Sooner or later some idiot rogue nation is gonna do something on the continental US and then these little discussions on which political party is right or wrong are gonna go away and all that's left will be a whole bunch of very ticked off Americans with out any false pretense of "support" or "holier than thou" politiking who will finally just do what has to be done to win this thing. And if we are lucky after the dust settles that mindset will last another fifty years.

Good Grief, Nomad was smart, yes, but had no common sense, he was educated far beyond his capacity to actually understand it, and how it actually fit together.

The world has always been a bizarre place, and each generation believes that the world is bad in thier particular lifetime.

The only difference between now and last centruy is that we can kill people in the millions, instead of thousands.

The world has always had problems, and always will, we are human beings, not insects.

Guest Grayfox

always has to be someone to try and stir the pot...

Nomad was intelligent... so what? 99% of the people on this forum are above the rank and file... you have to be to grasp SC's games.

Nomad was also an egotist... bigtime. he loved nothing more than seeing his own type. Problem with him was once you threw facts in his face that proved him undeniably wrong, hed run off and hide for a few weeks, and then pop up like nothing happened. No apology for acting like an ass, no apology for his constant anti american rhetoric, no admission that he was wrong when we had to almost literally shove the facts down his throat, close his mouth, and make him swallow.

if youre that bored, go hunt him down and talk world events over tea and scones till your blue in the face... quit beating the dead horse... hes dead already

as for the world going to hell in a handbasket, weve been heading that way since we crawled out of the primordial soup and learned to walk upright.

I want to live in america, for every 1 loon you have at least 100,000 smart people. who are richly educated on a diverse set of topics. here no one does anything to broaden horizons but a select few.

anyway, horse, you seem like a cool fellow to me. But what do you mean by try and fix the place? We're a bunch of guys who live separate lives far away from each other who talk to one another on a BB, which is almost like crysilids With those who post here, being the ones who have the ability to read shapes and send shapes.

Or do you mean that we all come together in one large battlecruiser forum members for world peace and sanity, and down with lunatics type rally?

the world is the world. can't change it. only what you can change in your own life is what you need to be worried with, or if you're something like a person in position to affect on a bigger scale then yeah.

and those forum members that were banned, can't change it.

so this leads me to come to the most obvious conclusion. You are bored without those people around who were banned and have no one to banter with about such subjects, hence that post above is a minor hint and complaint about it. Or your post is entirely sarcastic. But I think its the former.

I think I am reading too much into this anyway.

But I like "what's wrong with the world" topics.

quote:

Good Grief, Nomad was smart, yes, but had no common sense, he was educated far beyond his capacity to actually understand it, and how it actually fit together.

i never read anything he wrote, i dont visit that insane forum you guys love, but I thought that was funny. "educated for beyond his capacity to understand"

like my collegues always say education ain't common sense sampson and common sense ain't common.

That's what we've been trying to tell him, Nomad wasn't banned at all he left when he realized we had gotten tired of his anti-american rhetoric.

In sort - he left on his own accord.

Let me make it short and sweet - if you can't stand it when your proven wrong, then you don't deserve to be debating in the political forum.

quote:

wot?!? Do you have facts to backup that particularly inflammatory statement? You have 24hrs to produce those facts or you will be temp banned. We don't tolerate this sort of crap around here; or hadn't you noticed?

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

quote:

wot?!? Do you have facts to backup that particularly inflammatory statement? You have 24hrs to produce those facts or you will be temp banned. We don't tolerate this sort of crap around here; or hadn't you noticed?

Ruh Roh Raggy!! LOL

it's just his opinion SC, but I think everyone agrees its flawed. I think in everyone elses opinion he is wrong, therefore he must be wrong, right? So many people can't be wrong.

if this post confuses you, read it again 300 times really fast. Then really slow. If it still confuses you, turn your head upside down and read it. Failing that turn your monitor upside down. That usually does it.

You could also press alt-f4 to translate it into another language, choose such language when prompted to do so, and not before.

wow two posts in one day echo? or was that separate days, I ain't scrolling up to check.

this reminds of a guy who's alias i can't recall now, who posted a thread once, my thread about nothing. i think it was somebody fox. this has become one of those, but hey at least our spam is all in one place right? we should have a spam thread.

quote:

Originally posted by Cruis.In:

it's just his opinion SC, but I think everyone agrees its flawed. I think in everyone elses opinion he is wrong, therefore he must be wrong, right? So many people can't be wrong.

if this post confuses you, read it again 300 times really fast. Then really slow. If it still confuses you, turn your head upside down and read it. Failing that turn your monitor upside down. That usually does it.

You could also press alt-f4 to translate it into another language, choose such language when prompted to do so, and not before.

Or we could just delete it. Saves us all the trouble.