Internet Explorer 7 and cookies....help please.

DennyMala

Well, not sure between posting here or in General Chatters....but...to hell...it's about tech so...

I recently upgraded to IE 7 and found that it's not impossible for me to keep the cookies of the forums and sites login in my PC.

I tooled around with the help and the settings for a while but could not find anything useful to correct the problem.

IE 6 was working perfectly; this new version seem to delete all the cookies when I turn down and the PC and restart the day after.

I already set the privacy otion to mid-high and in that setting it isn't saying that cookies are deleted but it happens anyway.

I'm not a tech geek but neither a complete ignorant on this.....but still....I'm asking for help here to find a solution.

Thanks to everyone for your time.

Yeah, I upgraded to 7 too. All kinds of little things. Overall it's nice, but creates minute lag on all the windows it opens, ect...

About the cookies, is it possible that if you set "delete history" after one day, it deletes the cookies too?

I like using Firefox. If you don't want spyware, adware, etc. - download the extension "noscript" which prevents scripts from executing in your browser unless you give them the goahead.

I have had it installed, can run adaware after 6 months and have 0 instances of *unauthorized malware.

*Things such as Starforce, and other copy protection schemes have been authorized by installing certain games. And just when you thought I was using superfluous adjectives.

quote:

Originally posted by Cruis.In:

when you log back into your sites, all the cookies will be back, you dont have to worry about transfering them, unless you forgot your passwords. which is a lot of passwords to get then if you are a member alot of places.

The problem is I have to log in every time (and this is not an issue) but I lose every memory about seen posts and other stuffs.

It's just like loggin into a forum or site for the first time every time.

I'll check the hystory thing....maybe the changed how it work in this version....I always had that setted to zero and never had a problem but you never know.... .....thanks Soback

The only thing I miss is the fly outs in the sub folders. Now you have to click to get them to expand and they stay that way.

Plus, the "Clear Type" has subtly but noticeably changed my fonts. I'm not really fond of that but I'm getting used to it. I've done the fine tune thing but it didn't help much.

Perhaps when I get my new eyeglasses prescription things will be better.

I tried setting the history keeping to 3 days but it's not working for cookies.

Dunno what to try now, every time they got deleted when I turn down the PC. During the day they are available but the day after it's all gone.

Strange......anyone have another idea?

Thinking about Firefox...I have it installed too.....but I don't want to surrender to a machine and a software if it is at all possible...

Well, you could always use add/remove and roll back. Maybe a re-install would get it going ok. Then again you may just want to stick with the old one. You could also use the link on this board to reset cookies and see if that helps.

The thing I was thinking of before was the setting where IE checks for a new version of the page automatically, every visit, etc. But you are mentioning cookies so I dunno.

I cleaned the cookies manually more than once and that did not solve the problem.

Uhm....page version is not working too.

Damn...this is starting to piss me off.

I have done it Aramike. And checked more than once.

The options are two at this point:

1) I'm not able to set them properly;

2) There is a bug or something that is working very differently on this version and I cannot find what.

Anyone can confirm having his cookies kept for logins?

That's odd Denny. I'm not having any difficulty retaining cookies for log-ins.

Perhaps a setting under the advanced button of the internet options Privacy tab? It may have something to do with the phishing filter too.

Otherwise, I would dump it and reload IE 6, If it were me.

Phishing filter is disabled and Privacy tab has been doublechecked but I'll look into that again.

Can you tell me how you setted your options that may be relevant so I can try it out?

Thanks Wolferz.

[ 11-27-2006, 03:02 AM: Message edited by: DennyMala ]