Deputy kills teen while serving warrant

Supreme Cmdr

Maybe if he wasn't conducting armed robberies (which, ironically the article doesn't state until about halfway through; can we say "bias"?), the cops wouldn't have to be so jumpy.

I'll start being concerned when good citizens are getting shot out-of-line. When the small percentage of overall criminals being shot occurs, I really have no worries...

well police don't go on duty to shoot people, something happens. and sometimes with undesired results they make the wrong choices based on the minute information and the minute amount of time with which to process this information before making a life / death decision.

there are times when officers hesitate and everything turns out fine, then there are times when they hesitate and they turn out dead.

but some are more jumpy than others. if they were so jumpy, expecting to go for the supposed instigator of the next world war 3, they could have surrounded the house and ordered the suspects outside. Rather than barge in, introducing unstable elements in a critical situation

I might be saying this after the fact, but any police officer can tell you, information and planning before executing warrents is key, and for them to have been that jumpy, (they had good reason) they should have chosen an alternate method.

i can just imagine the adrenaline flow, the blood pumping heart racing, tunnel vision as they approached the door of a suspect whom they knew had guns.

brute force is usuually followed by brute stupidity according to garfield the cat.