VIRUS! HELP!!!!

Guest Devin Long

Guest Devin Long

Hey guys, whats up...? I got some bad news! During my cross crountry trip from L.A. CA., to Nashville, TN... I Incountered quite a few viruses, it happens, I know, and what I would usually do is just back up my work and everything else important, and then just reinstall windows.... but if any of you know a way to get rid of the virus without doing that, and withough buying an antivirus thing...(hence if any of you have an antivirus thingy, can you send it to me!).... Or if anyone knows where I can download, or how to delete the virus files manually. I tried doing it manually but it keeps saying that it is in use and it has overwrite prot. so if anyone can help me plz.... Im was up and ready to go until I got the virus, so once its out, ill be ready again... thx

Hi,

I have a bunch of questions now.....

What is the difference between a free program and say Norton? Is one better than the other or are they about the same??? How long is free, free? If it is a kid using the internet with limited access to sites is free a better option than buying something?

Not to kick you when you're down, but you might ***REALLY*** want to consider keeping the antivirus program you get installed and running permanently, or installing one if you reinstall Windows.

It will save you much hassle next time.

And while you're at it, check out Lavasoft AdAware which is also free and which takes care of rooting out malware and spyware.