Christmas Loot thread for 2006

OK, let's hear it guys and Gals!!!

I will start..

Z-board, with BF2 insert, and stock insert for HF2 etc, Altec Lansing 5 speaker surround sound system, and a new altec Lansing headset. That's my computer stuff.

For work, new shoes, new tiny electric screwdriver with tips and belt clip, an emergency radio, crank style, with an LED flashlight, and numerous other things.

But those are the high points.

OK, what did Santa bring you?

ok wolferz... I think I could have done without that

lets see... Tools, Clothes, small digital camera so I don't have to lug my EOS20d around on vacation, gun cleaning kit, blanket, more weights, anda few other misc. items.

Oh let's see. Not much. Wasn't in the mood too much. I didn't ask and didn't receive. The one thing I asked for I got, sheets to fit that 20" tall (not really but it's thick) mattress I have. I got another vinyl tractor cover. Like I need it since I built those sheds but it will keep the dust off. The tractor needs a bath first though. A sweater, a carpenter pencil sharpener , wrench holders (Sears 9-65272 if you wanna go look), a magnetic parts picker upper with built in light (9-46946), a magnetic tool/parts mat (9-47086), a magnetic paper towel holder (Handy gourmet of all places; will stick to the shed) and the best and most surprising was a Logitech LX5 cordless optical mouse. The wheel clicks three ways .

I hope I gave good stuff. Mom got the usual $40 gift card to Applebee's. They have enough material things really. They are retired and money doesn't fall off trees for them. The brother that gave me the mouse got $20 at Target. Maybe he can get an Xbox game. Or part of one. Dad I got "garage" vac. It's like a central vacuum without all the plumbing. Yeah yeah I just said they have enough material things but this was nice I think. He's been struggling with a regular shop vac.

Just some nice little things back and forth and it is the thought that counts right?

This is the best Xmas for me since I got that Major Matt Mason astronaut action figure and my Hot Wheels Sizzler back in the dark ages! I got a Toshiba 46inch DLP (46NMH84) HDTV, an LG Upconverter Multi-format DVD player (Converts 480 to 720 or 1080 to near HD level of clarity)and the crowning achievement an Xbox 360,(Gears of War, College Hoops 2k7, and Call of Duty 3) which explains why I am still awake. Santa Claus been berry, berry good to me!

Under no circumstances should ANY of you buy a Z-board.

It's a really cool idea, but the damn drivers SUCK, so the board doesn't work worth a darn.

I got it to work exactly once, and it hasn't worked since. I have reloaded the drivers, updated drivers, went back to old drivers, deleted everything and started over, etc, etc, but the damn thing sucks!!! ARGH!! Very frustrating!!

quote:

Originally posted by Wolferz:

Jag,

Which keyboard did you get? The WoW jobbie?

I have one of the Saitek Eclipse keyboards.

It has really cool soft blue backlighting. Enabling me to mistype in the dark. LOL

I got the Z-board with the Battlefield 2142 jobbie, and of course the stock and the gaming keyboard sets. I got it to work exactly once, and it never worked again.

Taking it back, and getting something that actually works. It was a fun idea, but the creation of it was done very badly. The drivers SUCK, and the support, don't even talk about it.

They think their god, you know, god only helps those who help themselves?

Had one of those as well, they never work as they are suppose to.

As for my christmas? Sorry, haven't celebrated christmas since my mother passed away... just not the same without her (probably won't have a christmas until the whole family is in town.)

But I did get a few things from my friends - one includs a new sound

The other happens to be a security camera set (Yes... I'm down-right paranoid when it comes to security, but that's because of my nighborhood and how dangerous it has become)

wolferz....ummm... soo sorry to hear that.

Kalshion, I hope one day you can find joy in the holidays again, I do hope the memories of your mom were somewhat comforting.

SC, I am jealous!

I got everything I wanted: a bell fountain, a salt lamp, Billy Idol's Christmas CD, a snow fairy....my favorite thing was the start to my Halloween village.

I got the new husband a Pittsburgh Steelers toliet seat.....I thought it was soo dumb but funny...he loved it.

Since the wife overspent and didnt buy any games, i treated myself to some B-Day gifts today,I picked up an impromptu Mike Mann collection, Miami Vice directors cut, Collateral DC, and Heat. I also grabbed F.E.A.R, Condemned and Fight Night3 for the 360. I am now broke and forced to drink domestic beer till next week!

Oh yeah, I am forty-frakkin-seven today!

The toy misquito helicopter made me realize how deficient the United States is in military helicopter technology. Why isn't the United States making a coaxial military helicopter like the Russians are. Our country needs the best helicopters too, not just the best jets.

The problem with not having helicopters in close air support situations is that the timing is off in calls for close air support. You need fire support from aircraft faster than a jet can provide. A helicopter can fill that need. Soldiers in Afghanistan said they really provided good air support even though they got hit alot. A coaxial helicopter can take hits much better than one with a tail rotor.

Coaxial helicopters seem to be the way to go. The mosquito helicopter looked much more stabile than micro helicopters that used a tail rotor.