Dead

Cruis.In

• 7 months later...

I am back recently myself and that was one of the first things I noticed. Two years ago active topics regularly had 10 to 20 in it and now it seems like none to 5. Someone needs to come off the bench and light this team on fire!!! :)

Me, I am happier than a pig in slop that UCCE is so stable and kick ass. For better or worse though, I think that when Knightblade and others come out things will perk up. Quazar and myself may be doing a little RP here in the near future and that will be good for an extra topic per week. The rest of you step it up, and to all the guests that I see hanging around when I am the only registered user: if you can handle the complexity of this game series then REGISTER DAMMIT!! After that, contribute what you are able. Most of us here understand the demands of RL and the demands of the most complex and powerful space sim ever devised by man. Sometimes you can stay, sometimes you gotta go(like I did once). I suspect that there will be a community here for a long time to come. Much like Captain Kirk, the SC is pursuing his first best destiny and anything else would be a "waste of material". He is the linchpin of this whole community and as long as he is around things are ok.

So everybody take heart. UCCE is great, the SC is still active, and the core of this community(based upon about ten years of my observation as to who is the core)is still active. Long live Battlecruiser!

:beerchug:(yes this is literal because one is in my hand as I click 'add reply'.

heh, everyone's still here. The issue is that now everyone's an expert, so no furious RTFM food fights.

Plus, I don't think the whole combat action lighter fare that is the GALCOM series, won over the die hard BC/UC fans. But thats their problem not mine. I have bills to pay. Plus, after doing hard-core space sims for nigh on, what? Eighteen years, I need a break. Since GALCOM has no less than three titles in the series, it is highly unlikely that we'll see another hard core sim from me before 2012. But there is definitely one coming once the dust settles and my bank a/c can afford the break. :) As I've said before, the next hard-core space sim coming from me, will be an MMO. There is no other way to make money otherwise.

Who knows? I might even enable the Commander career (instead of just the two pilot and four marine careers) in KnightBlade. But I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you.

Brother, your very first BC game could still keep me going til '012!!! Just for the record, all problems are shared responsibility, though I understand (as well as I can) some of the motivations for your change in focus.

I've played the GCES demo for the first time and really dig the cockpit view. It did throw me for a loop though because I actually tried to click on the TRS among other things, and was rudely awakened that this is actually an action game!

Ahhh anyway, I will always be a fan of the originals. I've said it before and I will say it again: BC/UC games are the games of my dreams. When I played a FPS or action platformer, I wanted to hop in the vehicle in the background. When I played a flight sim or racing game, I wanted to be able to hop out and do other stuff. Then I fount BC 2.0 in a ten dollar bin more than 10 years ago and my life was never the same.

I was almost overwhelmed by the sheer power of the play experience. In fact, to a degree I was so overwhelmed and stopped playing for 6 months as I went back to consoles again(I do that from time to time). I never forgot though.

I went back to the well again and again, especially when new releases came out. I proselytize to everyone who I think can handle the game(believe me these are very few), and I have even made an abortive attempt at fleet membership. To the inner circle here I probably have fallen short of the promise of these games, but I insist it is only a matter of time, just as mastering any detailed discipling is a matter of time. Of course it's a godlike amount of time which is why I have to pace myself upon occasion :beerchug: .

A BC/UC MMO might be the one I actually get sucked into. Believe it or not, WoW, as popular as it is, does nothing for me. EVE Online had the best chance of holding my interest but it is ONLY in space. I will give CCP credit for their dynamic gameplay and compelling attributes such as the economy. Combine the seamless universe of BC/UC and the malleability of the universe that EVE offers and by the gods you'll have something that I would truly give my left testicle for.

If you enable the commander career in KB then why would I want to move my PC to my big tv? C'mon, I got plans here!! I need to keep motivation high! :)

Hi all!

The forum is so quiet as of late. What's everyone up to? :beerchug:

-Sho

When I'm not working I spend every spare minute with my grand daughter she is 13 months old this month BTW. Besides that I'm here daily as usual keeping up on what our good friend Derek is doing with his games. :)

Cheers

Remo Williams

Well, as I stated a week or two ago, I've had a family problem as of late and have been taking care of my father and haven't been on the net much except when needed. (or when I need to get away and relieve some stress)

Thankfully, my father has gotten a lot better.

hmmm... I'm around, but RL keeps me pretty busy too. Between girlfriend, work, going for a masters, freelance, and painting warhammer 40k/battle fleet gothic minis my days are fairly well packed. But, hey, a good chunk of us have been around here for the last what nine or ten years so I say that we might get quiet from time to time but we are all hiding out somewhere. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still around, and occasionally read the boards although not as often in the past as I've been devoting more time to Minions of Mirth again (MMORPG), and I picked up a DS Lite around Christmas so I've been playing alot of DS games and for the first time have really been able to enjoy my GBA games. (I have the original GBA with no backlight that was awful to try playing unless you could a nice spot just right in extremely sunny conditions since most devs seemed to absolutely insist on using the darkest palettes possible for most of the games that I had for it. After market lights didn't help.)

Putting away spare change now and then with an intent to eventually pickup BCCE, but it's waiting in line behind a few other more expensive items that I really need to get before they disappear from the market, plus a few repairs that need to be made which are beyond my capabilities -> expensive.