Well im off to Japan fer vacation

Went there in 2000.. loved it...

now going back.

Whohooo!!

Got a plane to catch in a few hours. I expect the SC to provide a full explanation of this E8 mathematical thingy when I get back. 2 weeks should be enough time to type it all out.

I wonder what's on a the must-see, must-do, must-experience list for someone who goes to Japan... I have no idea what to expect. I mean, ok, it's a different culture with a different language that is westernized, but still, it must be odd to be a foreigner there.

I suspect there is also a "not-to-do" list... like sticking your chopsticks into your food.

Just got back from Okinawa, Japan in January. Spent the week of Christmas and New Years there because the wife had to take care of family business.

Was a blast, hadn't been there since we left 1988 and the changes were unbelievable.

I had forgotten how long that 14 hour flight was via ANA!

Have a safe trip, Tac!

-Sho

• 2 weeks later...

Im back!

I had been there for 3 months back in 2000 and loved it. This time around it was only 2.5 weeks but it was just as awesome.

Tokyo/Nikko/Hakone/Kanazawa/Hiroshima/Amanoahashidate/Kamakura/Osaka/Kyoto/Kobe and Nara. What a trip

The Japanese got their tourism amazingly well planned and organized. Heck, Japan is the only country that offers a special train pass for foreigners only that gives you access to travel all over the country for a fraction of the cast plus it also gives you access to most local trains and buses. Unlimited use as long as the pass is valid (comes in 7 / 14 and 21 day versions).

Bannon- I did. While in Kobe we stopped at a steakhouse and that beef is not tastier than the regular beef but it is Sooooo soft its like pudding. Not worth the price tag imo. I much prefer raw fish

I wish I could live in Japan. The food, the things to do and of course, the girls!