Witnessed the tail end of a shoplifting attempt and a tussle

Very scary.

I walked in the store and the clerk, cute asian chick, was arguing with the "customer". He was saying "I'll pay, I'll pay for it". She was saying "Do you know how many cameras we have? I saw the whole thing. I'll call the cops". Meanwhile other asian guy had a bottle of some cheap wine in his hand and he was ready to pop the shoplifter a good one. They almost got in a tussle and started spinning towards me. I went down an aisle to avoid the conflict. The dude walked out and the other asian guy followed the shoplifter.

Scary.

More than that, you never know who you may face and what he can have in his pocket.

Especially when there is not life risk for anyone; some money or a missing thing is not so important as a life or an injure.

I have walked into one of those as well.

Was not scary at all.

Pulled my gun, told the perp to get on the floor and stay there, while the shopowner called the cops.

Easy, one more shoplifter off to jail, and perhaps won't think that they can get away with it again.

I would not have pulled the gun, but the guy was reaching in his pocket, and was rather angry, so pulled it. End of confrontation....

Well.....no one usually has a gun where I live.....so that's not an option.

But being born in a village near a town, few of this things happens and usually there is a good change that no gun is required apart from the one of the police to grab him off the hands of the bystanders.

More than one got to spend some time in ER before going to jail.

• 1 month later...