Ideas for BC3670AD.... hmmm.....

Anthrax

Hi 3000AD

First of all, I'm from Denmark and my english isn't all that good anymore - it's so long time ago that i have had the englishclass in school. Anyway...

I just bought Ver.1.0 of BC3000AD and upgraded it. I haven't spent the time yet to learn to play the game, but it probably deserve it. It looks like to be a very complex detailed game - just the way i like it(maybe). I'm also one of David Braben's many fans (the maker of Elite), I just love his games.

I know u shouldn't steal from anyone, but i miss some of the things from the Elite games in BC3000AD.

I may be wrong about several of things that I say in this letter, because I haven't been playing this game that much yet.

1.First of all i like the hyperjump-thing in Elite. Personally I don't like these jump-gates all that much. I think that I feel that the Galaxy becomes some sort of a net of motorways.

2.Also in Elite I like the way u start. From the bottom. U'll have to work your way from the deep to the top. You start with an okay spaceship and fight your way through, and later you buy a bigger ship. Maybe a goal could be to have one of those big battlecruiser spaceships. Ok, I know that the name of the game is Battlecruiser - but I just like the Idea.

3.I would be nice if the planets would be more alive (atleast the cities). How about hoovercrafts or monorails? Or how about people walking around on the streets?

I read in a German gamemagazine once that David Braben was experimenting with hoovercraft on the planets. Obviously he didn't put those hoovercraft's in his game, but I think it would have been cool. I remember a cool game from the Amiga era called Mercenary III(I think). In this game u could take a cap from one distination to another. And then there were alot of houses to explore (all in 3d).

What if u could rent your own hoovercraft and go around this city and visit important people, go and deliver a package, make some good deals in the weaponsshop and alot of other things. Maybe u could own some buildings, were u could have your own factory making goods,weapons,hoovercrafts or maybe even spaceships.

4.Have u ever seen Starship Troopers? It looks VERY cool when all those great battlecruisers come home from their attack, and almost all of the spaceships are tottally disabled. U can see big holes in their hulls. COOL EFFECTS!!! I think u should be able to see when a ship is damaged. U'LL HAVE TO SEE THAT MOVIE... IT'S A MUST... and hopefully u'll be convinced... =)

Maybe these ideas doesn't suit the Battlecruiser games very well... maybe they fit the Elite series better... Or maybe it's for BC3780AD... I don't know... but for me this is some of the things BC3000AD lacks. And I would like the option to have smaller ships, because for some it would be easier to control a small spaceship.

Sincerely Stig Norgaard Jepsen

Guest David Sanftenberg

This game will never be finished until it is a virtual reality simulation. No one is going to be satisfied until bc3000ad and/or its sequels are used by NASA to test theoretical space situations...social, and material realism is another thing too. Again, it will never be finished, but if you really want some ideas, look at Star Trek, and what it's done for Sci-fi. Watch Voyager for a few weeks, and you'll have reams of new ideas for this game.

er...oops, took a wrong turn at the water cooler and ended up here. BC:3670AD huh? Yeah, my grand kid will be writing that one.

btw, the reason the galaxy is segmented is because it runs in real time and you need a LOT of memory to load it all at once. Also, in multiplayer, it will be easier to use filters and process areas that players are not in. I don't plan on changing it. Ever.

The BC3K series will evolved as time goes by, you can be sure of that. You guys have all seen how far we've come since 1996. Wait'll you see BC:3020AD in full 16-bit color. You'll be wiping the drool from your keyboard for hours.

Guest CoolWorld

Yeah, next Millenium we'll probably be living in another galaxy saying, "Remember that BC3670AD game? can you imagine those ships were using plutonium? It must've been like in stone age... I think I'll get back to my XXXXXlargeBC12450AD sim running on my Pentium 500 Gigahertz w/ 800 TerraBytes RAM."

smile.gif

Cmdr. CoolWorld

GVC-Battleaxe

Hey Tac,

maybe it'll be a biological neural computer with full virtual reality smile.gif Step into your holoroom and BE on the bridge of a Galactan Class Battlecruiser MK 47 smile.gif

Yeah, maybe Dereks descendents (sp?) will continue and my grandgrandgrandson will play BC3670AD, the 136 sequel of THE GAME smile.gif

Who knows?

See ya onboard our new station,

Cmdr. Axim, GCV Tabatinga, Wraith fleet

(as Tac stated: for fun only smile.gif)

Hehe, I'd like one of those NOW. :-)

Hey, I got an idea! Derek: Why dont you release a set of "mission packs" that storytell the history of Galcom?

Imagine: A set of missions before Galcom existed narrating the Terran struggles, or the day after Galcom was formed... their problems and stuff (including that mission where Galcom sent ships to aid Starforce against THEIR insurgents!).

Whoa... that could mean we should fly a Constellation BC... de-evolution anyone? :-).

Fleet Leader

Daniel "Tac" Londono

GCV Usagi (Wraith Flagship)

=HellHound Wing=

==Wraith Fleet==

Guest CoolWorld

Mmmm.... it would be fun, Tac.

Y'know, Maybe in the future, when we'll be playing with BC3670AD, We'll be having this kinda mission pack about BC3000AD. There could be a special V1.0 mission in which you have to remain in the game the longest lenght of time possible before it crashes. smile.gif

(Just having fun too.)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Coolhead

The designer can only do so much if they wanted to implement all our ideas, they woule die behind the keyboard. What we need is a scenery and dynamic object designer so they the community can make their own and put them in. How like Microsoft flight sim? well i have it, nad the thing u can get for it are awsome, planes dynamic obejects scenery the whole nine yards, but its got its share of problems. So i sugest that the segual has an open end design, and that the programers release a the sourece code so that the community can design thier own scenery building, weather, spaceraft, and stuff them selfs, mayeb even galaxies and solar systems., thats one of the reasons what made MSfs so sucessfull and long lived. This Sim-RPG-action-great_simulator game needs it... think about that!