Space jumps and landings system.

Guest Defender

Guest Defender

I would like to say that if in BC3K could be only jump gates to another star systems while in one system i can fly without jump gates the entire game will be much more fun.

For example:Why I need a jump gate to fly from Earth to moon?Or what for a jump gate to fly from Earth to Jupiter?Or what for i need to make hyperjumps from Jupiter to its moons?And when I do relocate to Jupiter moons i dont see Jupiter at all,etc.

About landings:The space sim with fully manual landing system is no doubt a dream for many ppl.

That can be done like so:Make an option,when aproaching some Spacestation or Starstation the operator asking You to perform an automated docking or You will dock by Yourself.

If dock by Yourself then try to make it as "realistic" as possible.Entry to hangar,landing gear or whatever it is,brakes.

And ofcourse variations of hangars:I mean that not clone hangars at every station.

May be to fly for sometime inside the station to assigned hangar.

And of course the same thing for interceptors,shuttles,etc.Yeah end may be to make not only interceptors,but bombers too.

I understand that this is a dream,but Derek,this is what many people are hunting for.Exciting,hard,long docking is very good thing.

Cmdr.Defender

GCV Defiance PRIME

Guest Defender

Thank You Supreme Commander.

Lets just hope that in BC4000AD or around that it will be.

Or I can even don't hope for these things,even in future (after 3020AD) releases

of game?

Hey Derek... what happened to my "Suggestions for the 2.01 patch"?

I really dont mind if you deleted it, I realized it could have brought you tons of headaches from the number of wild suggestions people could have posted AFTER I posted it hehe...

But I'd really like to know what you think about what I suggested. Hey, read the RPG thread.. things are heating up!.

Wraith Fleet Leader,

Wannabe Tester (in BC4000K perhaps)

Official Headache of the CIC,

-Tac-

Defender said:

quote:

I would like to say that if in BC3K could be only jump gates to another star systems while in one system i can fly without jump gates the entire game will be much more fun.

That might make a little more sense as far as spacial realism goes, but until everybody is running gigahertz processors, I don't know how anyone's machine could run something like that. <sigh> The area that you are in is modeled intensely.

Guest Antti Junkkari

Umh well it may took a pretty long time driving even to moon. Days or so. Ya wanna sit with your computer so long.. ?

Commander Junkkari,

Orion Fleet Leader

Guest Defender

Hmm...Commander Antti why not to use hyperdrive for these distances?

Why jump gates for reaching moons of the same planet?And how can You call it moon if from this "moon" You don't see the planet itself?

Anyway i think my suggestions can be implemented in BC4000AD,not sooner.

Commander Defender

GCV Defiance PRIME

This section is for submission of suggestions, not a protracted discussion of pointless issues. Lucas already, seems as if he's the only one who has been listening to me all these years, explained WHY the universe is divided.

Defender, your suggestions will never be implemented. Just wanted to put your mind at ease smile.gif

Guest Defender

Thank You,Sir for Your time and attention You take to reply to my posting personally.

Its a honor for me.

Also I'll be more careful not to waste Your time.I have a great feeling that this subject is been discussed a lot in past.

Thank You.

Same to everybody who replied to this posting.

Commander Defender

GCV Defiance PRIME

• 4 weeks later...
Guest IDxRogue Master

Still a good Idea even if technically Not feasable

>hey I've been playing a little more often lately,and I seem to have no trouble jumping from Planet to planet-in system wuthout the use of Jump gates. My experience has been almost completely "starWars" like. I target the Planet or moon then hit initiate jump profile and use my afterBurners(I always use them for everything) to "get it in Gear"

It's only when I use my Autopilot mode do I ever really use jump gates(which I haven't figured out how to use manually yet). it also works for chasing down the enemy it seems to be a smart system that Knows what I'm trying to accomplish(although the enemy sometimes escapes me by double jumping themn using a jumpgate(since I havent figured out how to use them. So I really don't Know what all the fuss is really about anyway...as a matter of fact my cruiser seems to move from planet to planet another way as well.. All I do is change my ship computers data "location" readout. the "lights go out" for a second then Voila Battlecruiser is at the new place(as long as I was in system)this always what I want and has caused me to get confused and seems to interfere with the Navitron waypoints.For example I can't get to Pluto at all because it isn't listed in my ships Database.

[This message has been edited by IDxRogue Master (edited 01-21-99).]