Hand held weapons

Guest Delta347

Guest Delta347

I'm building on an earlier post where someone suggested a "first person" perspective. Good idea, BTW.

1. I would like to see the marines/security people on the station armed with small, sidearms like the Star Trek phaser (Type 2-the pistol style).

2. I would like to be able to wear a similar sidearm at any time I chose.

3. When leading a landing party, or any other group, I would like to determine what weapons they are armed with. (Obvious sidearms, hidden sidearms, etc).

4. I would like to be able to go to a "Captains first-person" perspective view when leading troops or crew. I would like to be able to vary the setting on my sidearm as well as that of my crew.

5. Finally, I wish the sidearms fired a beam (yes, like a phaser) rather than a projectile-like blip. Maybe the different settings could determine what comes out of the muzzle.

Thanks for listening.......

------------------

quote:

5. Finally, I wish the sidearms fired a beam (yes, like a phaser) rather than a projectile-like blip. Maybe the different settings could determine what comes out of the muzzle.

What would be the advantage of that? Just the visual appeal?

I can see that certain types of configurable weapons could be interesting. For instance, you might be able to take a lot more live prisoners if there was an order along the lines of "set your weapons on stun".

Maybe there could be something like an anti-personnel mine that could be placed in a corridor and set to begin firing/exploding (depending on whether it was Leech or Crab style) when it detected enemy forces at a certain proximity. This would really be helpful for slowing down pursuit through a building/spaceship. Something like that could be interesting in the eventual StrikePack boarding party module.

[This message has been edited by Lucas (edited 01-05-99).]

Guest TI85man

Hmmm, but the question is, is this ever gonna be implemented? Because if it was, it would just be another category under BC's belt, heh. I figure, if ATVs and all that, can be done well, then a simple first person perspective starting out could work pretty easily.

BC:3020AD will have first person perspective control of deployed personnel. Complete with animated models (running, crouching, laying prone, running+firing etc).

It may also contain the BC model as used in the Strike Pak boarding module. This will allow you to walk around in your own ship in 3D. The Strike Pak models of all stations, carriers, transports and cruisers, are being created. If the BC one is finished on time, it will be included in BC:3020AD as a preview. If its not finished on time, then I will add it as a patch.

If the BC model is included in BC:3020AD, you will be able to use your sidearms when going after intruders. Or you can go into the armory and grab a pulse cannon. You will only be able to control your own alter-ego, not the others. If you want to know where the intruders (or personnel are), you would call up your hand held PerScan and locate them. Think Aliens.

We are using the Eclipse3D for the development of this module.

So, simmer down.

Guest IDxRogue Master

This sequel is going to Be AWWE$OME!!

O and the visible Beam/prjectiles would also be good targeting(were're can't all be Doc Holidays with Mice and joysticks) and targets with very good reflexes!

Oh Developers be sure to put an easy point and select interface for personal command of our subbordinates (example:-once again- BAttlezone uses th mouse to highlight units then a button[spacebar] selects unit and targaet waypoint.Okay I guess you can tell that BZone is my favorite game..ALL tim so Far..except BC3k of course(heheh'sweat')