Mouse flight controls.

Reven

The subject says it all. Using the mouse for flying controls would be heaven!

If I had a choice, I'd pick control a la Tie Fighter/Terminal Velocity/Descent and not like the old Wing Commander/Privateer method.

Switching in and out of control mode with the mouse could be as easy as a right click on the button. Since left clicks are used for all the popups, this shouldn't interfere.

Guest David Sanftenberg

While we're on this subject, I've noticed that, in TACOPS, it's rather difficult to click on the craft list at right. TACOPS keeps assuming I want to zoom in instead of select, say, IC1.

Also, on the Bridge, if my finger slips and I left click the mouse, the bridge menu comes up. While this is all well and good, if you try to get rid of this menu by clicking somewhere else, the menu doesn't go away, another one comes up (!!!), and you have to reach for the escape key. This is very annoying.

quote:

While we're on this subject, I've noticed that, in TACOPS, it's rather difficult to click on the craft list at right. TACOPS keeps assuming I want to zoom in instead of select

I am aware of this and will look into it.

quote:

Also, on the Bridge, if my finger slips and I left click the mouse, the bridge menu comes up. While this is all well and good, if you try to get rid of this menu by clicking somewhere else, the menu doesn't go away, another one comes up (!!!), and you have to reach for the escape key. This is very annoying.

Aware of that too, been too lazy to write it up so that the RIGHT-CLICK discards it.

[This message has been edited by Supreme Cmdr (edited 01-06-99).]